No announcement yet.

lower boost than expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if either of these links help you out?

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17883

Did you ask why intense racing said you don't need to plug in the boost solenoid? Have you also tried reaching out to another vendor such as ZZP for a second opinion? They deal with a lot of the supercharged 3800's as well

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Allot of people have done l67 swaps in l36 cars so do your research and you'll probably find someone else has run into the same issue. I would say, just as a test for your low boost issue, close the waste gate and temporarily make it stay closed. Hook up your gauge, start the car and see if your boost comes up where it should be... if it does, being that this style supercharger cant really create an "overboost" condition, I say leave it closed permanently. You've got other redundancies in your pcm to keep the motor from blowing up, ie... rev limiter, kr timing retard, and so forth... those would probably kick in before a highly unlikely overboosted condition happens anyway.

Comment

Someone did send me a pdf to what is essentially instructions on how to bypass the bbv (Boost Bypass Valve / Waste Gate). Supposedly, I can loosen the waste gate and move it to the closed position, then re tighten the bolts to keep it shut. This should give me my full boost - theoretically.

As to why Intense said not to plug in the solenoid, they said that L36 computers do not have a plug in or a pin on the computer to run the bbv. It's running on a modified L36 tune. The only way I could get it to work is if I somehow created a pin in for the Solenoid on the L36 computer. Not an easy feat, when it can be simply bypassed completely.

Going to try and close the BBV and see if i get my full psi. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the in put everyone!

Comment

Yeah pretty much impossible to run the solenoid without running a L67 pcm, let us know how it goes, it’s what I would do bypassing the wastegate and see what it does.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So we managed to hit full boost tonight! Intense said I'd be at around 9.5-10 psi, but it tops out at 6 psi - still a major improvement over the 2-3 psi I had been seeing.

Instead of bolting the bbv shut entirely, what we did was reroute the vac lines to where the vacuum would hold the bbv open at idle, but when I gun it - the bbv snaps shut on it's own.

World of difference. 0-30 is nothing but tire screeching lmaoo. Just need to swap out the rear end with a posi Trac rear end and 3.42's, and add my true dual x-pipe system, then phase 1 of performance will be completed.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Glad to hear you have it resolved! Do you know why that fixed the issue?

Comment

Nice, you made it vacuum actuated instead of computer controlled. Glad your issue is fixed.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify, in case someone else comes to this forum with this issue: Someone had corrected me on the purpose of the solenoid. It doesn't actually control the BBV, and rather just kills boost in case of KR. The BBV should actuate on its own.

In that aspect, I'm not really sure why mine wasn't actuating - but it works now, and thats the important thing lmao

Comment

Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X