Thoughts on this set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this set up

This guy did a how to turbocharge a v6 fbody. The instructions are good, but the way he did it is kind of messy.

https://youtu.be/Ga2ltTX9Hd4

He basically butchered the Camaro, lol that engine wont last a month, no tunning, or spark plugs, or even a boost gauge. And the way he tooked it out and hammered on it, this is a video of what not to do.lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Lol..... you can say. How's yours coming along. Did you get your front sweep headers.

Comment

Not yet , im going to have it painted first next year, then deciding on either having the ffh made or I might do the Cartuning kit. Still a ways off so i have time to think it over. Cartuning kit deletes the a/c which is the only downside, but i wouldn't have to plumb water lines like i would if i use my gt35r turbo . And if i can make 400wrhp with the Cartuning kit i would be happy. But they dont say what boost level they hit 400wrhp at, i just want 10-15 max. And since they just used a stock motor for the results, i think with my setup i should be able to make a little more, but they did it with a m5 and mines a stalled auto so big difference . I think ill just shoot for 15lbs and see what it makes and leave it at that. I still need my double roller chain installed, and hopefully get the St5 cam in, my mechanic doesn't want to do the cam install because he just did the head gaskets last year.lol
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

On a side note I was thinking of buying another car, but figured i don't drive that much so it would be a waste. So decided to put the money into the Camaro. Should be another 10 grand then ill be done.

Comment

Yeah I've looked at that cartuning kit before. It's pretty pricey. 400rwhp I'm sure that's at 15psi. That would be an amazing number for a stock motor.

One thing I notice though the price and website haven't changed since 2010. I wonder if they still have the kit.

Comment

Yeah they still have it, I emailed them couple of months ago and asked about the kit. I asked about the turbo headers and he said their $2500 for the hotside pipping. I sent a email last night asking about what psi the 400wrhp was at and few more questions , haven't heard back.

Comment

Wow, 2500 just for the hot side. That's a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                  Wow, 2500 just for the hot side. That's a lot.
                  Thats why Im considering the whole kit.

Comment

You ever get your Powerdyne rebuilt? What's next on yours?

Comment

No, I haven't. I haven't even registered it. My wife and I are expecting. Next week our baby might be coming. Plus we are looking for a bigger place to move in. So the bird got put aside.

But I do have big plans for it.

Comment

Congrats, yeah I could see how that would come first.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Comment

No response from Cartuning , 2 emails and nothing, might have to go back to oringal plan of getting ffheaders made, all I asked was how much boost at 400wrhp and some other small questions, if they cant answer that i wont do business with them.

Comment

That's too bad - a buddy of mine was just talking about possibly getting their kit for his GXP too and I mentioned this to him

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X