Oil drain options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil drain options

Alright I'm to the point of finalizing my turbo build, and the biggest obstacle in my way is the oil drain. Simply put, I don't want to drill a hole in my pan. I've been told it can go in the front cover, but I'm not sure where. Been told to find a oil plug on one of the heads, but I feel like that's higher than where my turbo will sit. So, I'm looking into scavenge pumps. On tech, it looks like people have had good luck with them. Anyone here tried?

Re: Oil drain options

Electric scavenge pump with a check valve to prevent the oil from running backwards after it is shut off. Summit/Jegs or some of the speed shops that do the remote mount turbos.

Run it into the plastic filler cap on the valve cover unless you've got that vented for the crank case ventilation.

I'll just be returning mine to the pan, but the engine isn't in the car for the fab work so that'll make it easier.

Comment

Could it be used as the oil return?

Comment

Only two ways this will work. If you use the pump, or if the valve cover is lower than the turbo oil outlet.

Comment

So it'll work as long as I use the pump to return the oil right? Just tap a valve cover or oil fill cap. I am avoiding drilling my oil pan if I can.

Comment

I tapped the pan , not very hard and works great. Mines tapped right above the oil sensor.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I removed the low oil sensor and just used that hole for the return. Haven't had problems in the year ive been driving the car

Comment

Hm... the oil level sensor idea is an option. I'm going to avoid tapping the pan at all costs..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X