Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Counter-acting elevation, Turbo build

Well this happened...

Comment

What are those orange things above your valve cover gaskets? Gonna carrot the maro?!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Nah, intake gaskets...except I think I meed the other style with a RWD intake.

Comment

Well, stick a carrot in it and you're done.

Are you doing tuning yourself or taking it to a dyno?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Basic tuning I'll be doing, but I'm nowhere near good enough to do a full tune...

Comment

Ah sure, we're all good enough to do a full tune. But doing it accurately is a different story. There's not much difference between tuning idle and WOT. Just gotta make sure stay on the richer side then lean it up some, not the other way around.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I also don't have a datalogger for AFRs. I have HPT basic, and a wideband. Maybe I'm psyching myself out if doing it, but I'd rather be safe.

And to anyone who has built this motor, what process did you follow for lifter preload? Breaking in a cam? Cam seems pretty straight forward, just not sure on if I should use stock springs for break in, or my 140lb springs. And what oils to run while I do it and/or on the 500 mile break in after that.
                Last edited by Docta; 07-19-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  I also don't have a datalogger for AFRs. I have HPT basic, and a wideband. Maybe I'm psyching myself out if doing it, but I'd rather be safe.

And to anyone who has built this motor, what process did you follow for lifter preload? Breaking in a cam? Cam seems pretty straight forward, just not sure on if I should use stock springs for break in, or my 140lb springs. And what oils to run while I do it and/or on the 500 mile break in after that.
                  You can log afr through basic hptuners. You just have to wire it into your egr or ac. Also I would run the 140lb springs, the cam you chose will be to tough on stockers

Comment

Do tell more about this with basic HPT? I'm getting rid of my egr and AC is gone... both free to use.

Comment

Progress! Got the motor almost finished. New cam
                      Lifters going in
                      Done!

Comment

Lookin good.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks man, it'll look better in the car with a big ol' 35R strapped to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                            Thanks man, it'll look better in the car with a big ol' 35R strapped to it.
                            I love my 35R , One of these days I'll strap it back on, it likes to build boost thats for sure.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I've been meaning to talk to you about that... what boost level do you run and when do ya hit full spool?

Comment

I don't have it on right now but I was at a 10 PSI spring at it was over boosting like crazy. I was spiking 17 PSI at 3000 rpms. When I put it back on I'm going with a 3 or 7 PSI spring. I never got a good tune on it because of the over boosting. I have 3.73's for the rear though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X