New here, My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New here, My Series III 1999 Firebird 3.8 v6 turbo build

X2 on the intercooler.lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
      where's the intercooler!!??!? not trying to talk trash, but the rest of your build loooks awesome, and then i see those welds and it kinda kills it... you should get a flapper disk and smooth them out. imo.
      I don't care how my welds appear really. As long as they pass the pressure test. All my flange holes were cut with an angle grinder so some spots required multiple passes.

Besides, this is version 1. I plan on getting a tig and doing the cold side in aluminum and designing my own headers with a low profile hotside.

Right now I just want to go fast :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by jamesklyne; 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah I know that feeling. My turbo kit looks like crap. But I didn't make it so I could just sit there and look at my engine bay.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Its hard to define going fast in todays world. Stock Corvettes can run mid 11's, and ZR1's are deep in the 10's bone stock. Kinda want to sell all my cars and get a new Corvette. Its sad that my T/A with all the work done to it is slower then a Bone stock 2012 Automatic Vette!!
          Jeff ..
          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Anyone with money can BUY a fast car. I want to build mine.

I don't often see corvette around but when I do its usually a grandpa driving it lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
            Last edited by jamesklyne; 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesklyne View Post

x2

i definitely care about appearance on mine. i like to go fast and look good doin it, jahh mean!?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesklyne View Post

And Anyone can BUILD a fast car as well! I built 2 of them. My V6, and my T/A.. It just makes me think that I could have just gotten a Z06 or ZR1 and been done with it..
                Last edited by 1998silverbird; 09-12-2012, 09:41 PM.
                Jeff ..

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
                  And Anyone can BUILD a fast car as well! I built 2 of them. My V6, and my T/A.. It just makes me think that I could have just gotten a Z06 or ZR1 and been done with it..
                  More like anyone can pay someone to build it for them. Most people can't even change their own spark plugs.

On another note.... I got my fuel pump and 60lb injectors in.

Last edited by jamesklyne; 09-13-2012, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Well I paid to have my motor built and I paid to have my motor installed on my T/A. I installed the motor in my Firebird. The older you get the more you priorities change. When I built my V6 I was 21yrs old and single. Besides putting the motor together I built that whole car. When I built my T/A I was 29 yrs old and married with children. I didnt feel like dealing with all that again.. I still do all my maintance and bolt ons and what not but changing motors and trannys.. No thanks.. I have different priorities to focus on now!
                    Jeff ..

Comment

not just anybody can build a fast car. i'm not saying its rocket science. but some people aren't mechanically inclined, and some people throw parts together and their **** blows up.
                      built not bought yo!

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
                        Well I paid to have my motor built and I paid to have my motor installed on my T/A. I installed the motor in my Firebird. The older you get the more you priorities change. When I built my V6 I was 21yrs old and single. Besides putting the motor together I built that whole car. When I built my T/A I was 29 yrs old and married with children. I didnt feel like dealing with all that again.. I still do all my maintance and bolt ons and what not but changing motors and trannys.. No thanks.. I have different priorities to focus on now!
                        Yeah.. I hear that. My priorities have definitely changed. I'm just gonna get a GTR and call it a day.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

:excited: get me one 2

Comment

Took my C5 Vette to the track last night and went 13.22@106 with just a intake. Felt pretty good till I saw a stock LS3 auto convertible run a 11.7@118..
                            Jeff ..

Comment

Very nice! Besides the oil pick up tube and our pan, did all accessories from L36 just bolt right up? Yes I know about the intake. But just transferring our motor mounts and stated before is all? And our old flexplate im sure. Just curious I jusr got used L26 with 3k on it

Comment

Correct. You can use the L26's front cover as well, as long as you use your oil filter adapter. I have a cammed L26 in my car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X