Turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo question

So I have been working on air cooled volkswagens for years. I have only turbo'd one of them.

On air cooled VW's, (or any carb'd car) you can do either a pull through turbo or a push through turbo set up. A pull through set up has the carb before the turbo, and pulls the air fuel mixture into the compressor and compresses them together.

My question is regarding our cars. Is it possible to put the throttle body before the turbo so that the maf still reads vacuum, and make tuning easier?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: Turbo question

I thought about doin something like that, but you would need a plate with a tube sticking out(to mount a coupler) to replace the tb on the intake manifold and possibly an lt1/ls1/lq4 maf. The tb mounting on your car may be easier since its DBW
    Last edited by alex553; 07-28-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Re: Turbo question

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      So I have been working on air cooled volkswagens for years. I have only turbo'd one of them.

On air cooled VW's, (or any carb'd car) you can do either a pull through turbo or a push through turbo set up. A pull through set up has the carb before the turbo, and pulls the air fuel mixture into the compressor and compresses them together.

My question is regarding our cars. Is it possible to put the throttle body before the turbo so that the maf still reads vacuum, and make tuning easier?
      The MAF doesnt read pressure. Your refering to the MAP. You can put the MAF anywhere you need to but the MAP has to stay in the manifold, hence the name Manifold Absolute Pressure
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X