superchargers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superchargers....

I am sure it is just daydreaming on my part... but does anyone have any knowledge of someone adapting an eaton m112 sc or a sc from a turbo 3.8 thunderbird to an f-body?? Seems like the thunderbird one has more clearance than the gtp version.. Just curious, know it would take some fabrication, just wondering if anyone tried it yet... or a vortech V2 for that matter...

Re: superchargers....

I did this years ago on my 3.4 it can be done. This was a S/C off of a 3.8 T bird.
    supercharger V6Camaro
    Last edited by LETZRIDE; 01-17-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Now that peaks my interest my friend.... :wavey: did you see any serious gains from it??? also do you possibly have some sort of materials list or fab requirements???

Comment

Yes, there were some serious gains. The torque coming off the line was the most noticeable. I only boosted max to about 8lbs. It really made the car fun to drive. I might have gave up on the set up early because I wanted a turbo instead. It's not as easy as it looks to install but well worth it. You can see a layout of the parts I fabricated on the table. Some of these parts were changed before I sold the kit and installed it on another car.
        I upgraded the fuel pump to a walbro 255 liter, added a FMU and a MSD ignition to add fuel and retard the timing under boost. A second pulley was added to the crank pulley to drive the S/C.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 3.4grapeofwrath; 06-25-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info man... gives me something to contemplate and possible attempt in the near future...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X