home made manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made manifold

I made this manifold out of schedule 40 mild steel weld els. It cost about $100 to make including a pair of 1/2" thick mild flanges and about 6 or 7 90 degree bends. I used a die grinder, angle grinder, sawzall, and a flux core welder. Simple. It took about 20 hours to make but I could probably make another one in half that time. I tried to replicate a gtp manifold as close as possible since that is what I'll be using for the driver's side.

Sorry the picture isn't better. Since then I welded a 2 bolt ball flange on the end and went over the rest of the welds so it doesn't leak. Still working on the rest of the hot side. The crossover is just about done now, just have to go over my crappy welds again and figure out the best way to mount the wastegate.

On a side note, does anyone know how to plumb the oil supply to a master power t70? I have a 1/4" npt T coming out of the block, but I don't know what size fitting goes to the turbo.
    Last edited by lil' jon; 11-06-2011, 12:45 PM.
    94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
    97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
    98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Re: home made manifold

dont know about that turbo in particular but its should be an 1/8 in npt. i'm impressed with that manifold. definitely better than my log. i take it your ditching the a/c?

Comment

Re: home made manifold

yeah i'm getting rid of AC. I'll have to get some pics of it bolted up to the engine. It comes out right where the idler pulley would be.
      94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
      97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X