How to: M90 your 4th gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to: M90 your 4th gen

Yes, however this seemed like a good idea at the time, i had everything, and aftermarket fuel rails I was looking at were $400. These were about $35.

Comment

Whoa, you need to look elsewhere. I'm sure I could find you rails for much less.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

ZZP's modified ones for $150 would hit the elbow, zzp billets might clear but are $430. Havnt found other ones. $530 for another bilet set. The billet ones are more than I payed for the entire motor.

I would suggest doing it another way, but until I can figgure it out this is going to have to do.

Comment

Why? Are they made out of unobtainum? I can get LSx aftermarket rails for like $89.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Id like to know too. Why 2 chunks of aluminum with 3 holes in the bottom and some braided line costs that much is friggin rediculous.

Comment

I too have looked around for custom rails and found none...I'll be needing some for the Holden setup thats going in...so if any of you do end up finding them for cheaper please let me/us know.

Ive always said that for 400$ they should be gold freggin plated lol

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

cool thread! but I imagine for all the money and time you could just put in an LS and be done with it :D
                auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                15.11@91.14
                Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

What was stopping you from using the stock cable throttle body?

Comment

Looks like the cable needs to be longer.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                      cool thread! but I imagine for all the money and time you could just put in an LS and be done with it :D
                      Why does everyone have to make that comment...For the price of the swap plus selling his house he could afford a corvette too, but you dont see that happening.

How about people enjoy seeing what they can fabricate and create rather than just making horsepower...
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

The throttle body cables are stock, I just had to modify the bracket and the throttle body blade opening bracket.

Yeah, I could have put an LS1 in for less work, but I GUARANTEE that it would be more. I got the motor for $350. An LS1 with accessories, intake, trans, wiring harness, hoses ect would cost EASILY north of $2500. No, it would not be cheaper. I could have bought my buddys fully restored 32,000mile LS1 camaro with headers and brand new everything for $6200, but this is cheaper.

More continuted later

Comment

i got away with stock 98 gtp fuel rails.

Comment

Are they removable? The main reason I redid mine was that I couldnt take them off in case I needed to chage injectors.

Comment

yes, the blower is removable too. maybe if i get a good camera tomorrow ill take detailed pics.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
                                Thats what everyone and their momma and grand momma has been doing over the years is just drop a V8 in it. :D

I say if you want an LS get a Corvette with an LS1. You'll be glad you did. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X