L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

Well I ended up smashing the front end of the car up back in October. Been busy getting it fixed up again. Did a 98-02 nose swap. Just need to get the fenders and hood on, get some random parts and finish the wiring for the lights. Need a windsheild too.

Comment

Car is fixed and back to daily driver duty. Its kinda fun in the snow, haha! It helps though that this is the least snow I have ever seen in a MN winter. Under an inch, and it will be melting soon.

Anyways, besides the pain of bracket changes, paint and wiring changes it looks a heck of a lot better. Paint isnt a perfect match but its pretty close. You can see the difference however.

Going from this

Comment

Comment

Fixed my rust hole too!

Comment

Nice pics.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Now that you switched front ends you should be able to swap to the lid setup.

Comment

That's one way to do a front end swap!

Look solid.
                In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Amazing man!:rock:

I would have done the whole T/A swap to it.

Comment

im jealous i don't think my hp tuners shows tq delivered. i'm just gonna pretend its cuz i maxed out hptuners values and blew its mind

Comment

To show torque delivered you have to go into your main display and add a peice of data to be collected. Right click on one of the cells and go into trans and it will be there.

On the conversation, I have about 315ftlbs at the max. And at 5250RPM where torque and hp are the same I have 297ftlbs which means 300hp to the flywheel on a stock l67 with exhaust and intake. Not bad! Not sure how accurate trans delivered torque is however.

Comment

A TA swap would have been great but I brought the car from totaled to great looking for under $1000. $250 for paint, $250 for bumper, $200 for fenders, hood, brackets and lights, $250 for windsheild, trim, and random parts.

Ive considered swapping to an LS1 lid. Gotta find one first though.

Comment

No, no, TA front is not all that. IMO the TA front design doesn't make sense nor look good. Base Firebird front looks way better and cleaner in design.

Very nice job. Definately get a lid and ram air kit now.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            No, no, TA front is not all that. IMO the TA front design doesn't make sense nor look good. Base Firebird front looks way better and cleaner in design.

Very nice job. Definately get a lid and ram air kit now.
                            The base firebird looks so incomplete its not even funny.

If I ever bought a Firebird id do the whole WS6 swap asap.

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
                              The base firebird looks so incomplete its not even funny.

If I ever bought a Firebird id do the whole WS6 swap asap.
                              It just comes down to a matter of taste. To me the TA doesn't flow right at the front end. You got those turn signal lights that doesn't make sense. I mean what the heck are those below it.. HOLES that leads no where. The base looks clean.

When I first bought mine (brand new) it was the best looking one from a line up of TA's, Camaros, and other Firebirds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless View Post
                                A TA swap would have been great but I brought the car from totaled to great looking for under $1000. $250 for paint, $250 for bumper, $200 for fenders, hood, brackets and lights, $250 for windsheild, trim, and random parts.

Ive considered swapping to an LS1 lid. Gotta find one first though.

Too bad you went from the best styled front bumper to that crappy 98+ front.
                                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X