L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

I would def. take off the TQ mang., what spark plugs are you running, I would go with some TR6's.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'd find some more plumbing, and route that intake to the driver's side behind the headlight and block it off from the engine bay as much as possible. 100°AIT's aren't too bad, what is ambient when you're doing the scans? That's the thing you need to look at to tell you how much hot air you're pulling in.

Comment

Got the miss on 6 fixed, plug wire was loose and wasnt tight. I also reflashed the pcm and got rid of the TM. IT seems to pull great overall. Only issue I have is its stuck on open loop because of the O2 sensor being out. Gotta change that with one of my spares and hope it fixes it.

I am running Autolite 104's.

Comment

Changed out the faulty O2 sensor so I hope it fixed my open loop issue. Havnt hooked up hpt yet to make sure but the light went away. Ended up taking off the Y pipe, smashing the old O2 sensor off, using a 3ft long 1/2" drive wrench and busted it loose. Man was that tight. Then came the hole plugging the sensor back in. That was an experiece.

In othe news, i have no traction. I can break the tires loose at 50% throttle all the way to 18 MPH. I can roll out to 10 MPH, ease on and it breaks loose. So much torque!

Comment

O2's are a curse...

Comment

mine were the same the fist time...soo tight

Comment

Overall about how much did this project cost you?
                1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Overall, about how much did this project cost you?
                  1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I would say $3500 including the car, motor, hp tuners and a good amount of incedentals like brake lines, paint and stuff.

So I found out I had 110-130 degree intake temps so I moved the air filter down into the inner fender. Now Ive got atmosphere temp and it bumped my timing some so its a bit quicker.
                    My goals are by next summer to run mid 12's with this. E85, injectors, cam, headers and 3.0" pulley should get me there. Planning on taking it to the track tomorrow. Hope to run a stock GTP time of 14.70, considering ive never raced on a track before and it kinda blows the tires off if I stomp on it from idle with street tires im not going to get to ambitious.
                    Also washed it for the second time after owning it since May haha.. Need a passenger side inner fender before too long too.

Comment

Relocated inner fender filter

Comment

I took this out to the track this weekend. Ran the best of a 15.03 first run out, with a 2.48 60ft. I battled traction the whole time. Traps at 93 MPH and averaged 15.12-15.20 the last 4 runs. It ran 2 15.03 passes, first one out and right after they did a bit of track prep. 3.42's, about 280ft lbs right off idle, a 4L60 and street tires is a recepie for blowing off the tires.

I looked at a few of my hpt logs and the within a 1/4 of a second I go 25 MPH and after about a second it slows to 20 and then hooks and goes. I am spinning for a solid second and a half. I averaged 2.4 60fts.

Everyone was running slow this weekend, 60fts were up .2 across the board especially if you were on street tires. I wouldnt doubt that it could have ran a 14.50 if I had slicks. Cut the 60's down to 2.2 and mid 14's are there. Thats with a stock pulley, and manifolds. Has an exhaust and intake but even if I had a 2.8" pulley, cam and headers I woulda ran the same 60fts.

Comment

Any results? All L67 drivers learn early on, that rolling into the throttle until 20-30 (or higher when nodded) is the only way to get maximum traction from a dig.

On a side note, for best non-IC time versus IC'd, it's pretty much a full second difference between daily driven setups. Mid-high, 12's are the typical limit, aside from 1-2 all-out builds that went for the record years back (fun to see in person). For intercooled cars, most can get down into the mid-high 11's once dialed in, and a select few have gone further. This is almost independent of heads/cam, which basically places your potential at either the high or low ends of those spectrums. Having fuel that allows for a smaller pulley, race gas of your choosing, or ethanol, will net you a little more overall, but it's been proven for almost 15yrs now, that intercooling the superchargers on these things is the best way to eliminate the heat at the source, and all other mods can be patrtnered on top of that.

Comment

Those times are pretty good with how bad your 60' was. Any videos?

Comment

I did not take any videos I snapped 3 pictures and that was the one time my father took the car down. Ran out of battery right when the car staged so nothing. I did take 2 videos of that it does best, spin. Thats about an 80% throttle launch and when it hooks I stomp on it, it does in fact shift into 2 while spinning. Then it hooks, bogs and shifts back into one.

Click on the pictures to get the video, I dont have youhose so im using my photobucket account for now.

Comment

not bad when compared to my l32 set up. u where having traction problems and i couldn't get my clutch to grab. i have a 5 speed and 3.73 posi on my set up.

60 ft time: 2.380
                                1/8 time : 9.694
                                trap mph : 74.0

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X