L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L67 F-bird

The S pipe was home made, the S pipe to the muffler was from heart throb exhaust out of litchfield MN. The muffler is a Pypes race pro and the tailpipe was made by me.

Intermediate pipe and over the axle pipe was $120. Muffler was $70, clamps were $40, S pipe and intermidate was around $50. So for under $300 ive got a decent exhaust and I get to say I built most of it.

Comment

Well HPtuners is on the way and if I get it tuned by next weekend it will be running down the track. Need knock sensors too.

I also found a non matching pair of 235/60/15's at the local tire store and Im too cheap to buy any now so im going to hopefully run those. Probably spin but we will see.

Comment

I'm very interested in seeing what it runs. Most of the gtps I see at the track are running mid 14s. Hopefully you'll be a bit faster than that.

Comment

If you run into any snags, I would direct you to MNClubGP to find some of my old buddies in the club who've gone very far with tuning since we got our 1st one when it came out in '04. Are you going to Cedar or Rock to run? We always had better service and prices from the Iowa guys at Cedar Falls. Either way, I would also expect something in the 14.5-15.0 range on a fairly bone stock swap. That's based o show stock 3.8 Fbody times being about 0.5 behind the L36 Wbody counterparts.

Have fun getting rolling.

Comment

I live in the western part of the state by Fargo ND so I am going to Sabin MN. Only 45 minutes away. :)

Comment

Ahh ... we used to convoy over to Alex and hit up a small exhaust shop 1-2x a year. Some club guys are out there, but limited contact. Either way, I'm eager to hear results, regardless where it's at.

Comment

i havent seen any suggestions on the air filter yet so i will make one...why not relocate the battery to the rear of the car and run the air filter where the battery sits?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                  i havent seen any suggestions on the air filter yet so i will make one...why not relocate the battery to the rear of the car and run the air filter where the battery sits?
                  You would have to relocate the coolant over flow tank then as well. My suggestion would be to use a Lt1's power steering reservoir which sits over the battery and then use the regular location for the air filter.

Comment

you can look at page 3 and see how i ran my filter in my set up. u should be able to do the same with ease.

Comment

• Re: L67 F-bird

dude i just wanted to say i was reading the thread and that engine looks amazing. very nice job, i envy you!

Comment

On the topic of "not having enough room." Has anybody even put any thought to spacing the k-member to give more room? Granted with a stock k-member, that's a loong bolt to put into six spots. The tubular K member I have is much more flat so I had to use shorter bolts. This could make it easier to have a set of spacers fabricated to make it more reasonable to fit a sammich intercooler :)

Comment

Yeah I have considered simpy dropping the K member down an inch or so. Could drop the motor and grind a bit off the rack to gain 1/2" or so.

An intercooler could be put on, im sure oft that, just at what expense. Whats the fastest non intercooled daily drivable M90 car and whats the fastest intercooled DD M90 car? On pump gas too. Id lean more toward E85 and a cam and heads with a 3.0" pulley or something.

Comment

Dropping the K is going to miss align the front U joint on the drive shaft. As the motor moves down the tail of the trans moves up and adds a lot of angle between the trans yoke and drive shaft.
                            sigpic

Comment

When Gm plopped that ls9 in that 4th gen they lowered the subframe and the trans crossmember.

Comment

I got hp tuners and finally got the car tuned. Running a stock GS tune and havn't touched the torque management. I also developed a miss on #6 under boost. I also have 100 degree intake temps. Gotta pull the plug and see why it misses. I am redoing the airfilter setup a bit also. It says the torqe delivered is 300 with a miss and high intake temps so it will probably be damn close to the TM once it runs right.

I also got tires put on the thing. Had a set of 215/60/16's laying around so I put them on the front and they are stretch out but they are better than snow tires. Ive got 235/60/16's on the back and they are used but they were cheap. Still spins for 30 feet or so. But it doesnt spin nearly as bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X