L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L67 F-bird

yeah just leave it to atmosphere. make sure the lower intake t is caped where u had that line. also make sure ur fuel pressure regulator in on the lower side.

Comment

I may consider doing this if I can find an L67 complete locally. It seems more direct than an LS1 swap.

Comment

its no where as simple as it looks. lol it may be essayer getting a centrifugal supercharger. at least an ls1 swap will bolt right on lol.

Comment

Yeah now that I think about it I have the lower side of the BBV hooked up to manifold pressure. So the car starts and it pulls equal amounts of vacuume on both sides so the valve stays closed which is wrong. As soon as I loose pre SC vacuume and start to build boost it pushes on the wrong side of the BBV and opens it. So Im 100% wrong.

Fixing it tomorrow.

Comment

I do have boost. Only 5 lbs but im being nice to it. I also got my air filter setup on, and my exhaust is hopefully showing up later this week. Single shot 3". Its just a V6, who needs dual exhaust tips. ;)

Need a set of tires though. It spins the bald 215 snow tires on it BAD.

Comment

Nothing wrong with single 3". I love mine. And running some 255's I have to work at it to break traction.

Comment

i helped 97RSSM90 threw out the whole build (im his cousin) and its no easy task! if your planing on going this route make sure you read up a lot on how to this properly. and make sure you have money, time and patients. my cousin researched on this build for about 2 months before we actually started working on it and we still hit some bumps. honestly, i didnt think it was going to work. i dont recommend this build to just any gear head but if you do succeed, itll be worth it.

good luck gutless, its coming together!

Comment

Yeah theres a ton of little stuff. Theres hundreds of issues. Anything from the supercharger needing to be welded to fuel rails having to be changed to the heater hose barbs needing a 90 degree elbow on.

However it looks sweet, and is fun overall. Me and my father bought the car in May and got everything done in a touch over 3 months. Neither of us are master mechanics. Im 18 and my dad works in the manufacturing field. Didnt really plan or draw anything out on this, just sorta looked around, seen it was done and saw an affordable y87 car on cl with a blown motor and said da hell with it and started.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, stuborn stupidity.

Comment

Got most of my exhaust stuff in. Need another 3" 90degree bend to finish up the S pipe to get rid of the 2 1/2" one. Also probably dropping the cat as I am too cheep to but one.

Currently theres about $250 of parts there. Needs hangers but Im going to build them and to get cut down in a few places but thats what its going to look like. Slightly cheaper than a flowmaster setup and should flow way better.

Comment

Looks very similar to mine, but with a different muffler. Hope that comes apart...

Comment

Looking good.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i thought with a 3'' people didnt do that over big loop. or maybe i just saw that on a borla?
                          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
                            i thought with a 3'' people didnt do that over big loop. or maybe i just saw that on a borla?

As long as its 3" mandrel bent it goes over nicely.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

getting there. hopefully one day ill be able to finish with my little mods and dyno her and get track numbers on mine with the 3.2 pulley. for now im just running stock l32

Comment

Yep, its 3" mandrel. The muffler is a pypes race pro. Straight through design and fairly quiet. I have a pair on my cutlass. The other tubes are from heart throb out of southern MN. Sorta pieced together but I get what I want.

The big over the axle hump is just because the intermediate pipe has not been cut to lenth yet. It is too tall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X