L67 F-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

damn, i want l67 bottom end. i've got knock at 8psi on 93. haven't driven my car in a few months so i haven't been able to test to see if its false or not, but i bought a methanol kit off of ssms5411 so now it looks like my transmission/rear end is the sky, and the sky is the limit lol. i'm interested in seeing what hptuners shows for torque with my motor, didn't realize that pid was in there until recently.

Comment

I wish we had 93 at the pump. Theres a 116 leaded race gas pump 50 miles from me and thats it. Cant run leaded gas with O2 sensors so im stuck with 91 and alky.

I dont know if its all in the compression or maybe it is knocking and my sensors are just not that sensitive.

Comment

9.4:1 in the L36 & 8.5:1 for the L67. i bet its mostly compression but i dont know. its almost a full point difference

Comment

what plugs are you running? if you haven't dropped down to 180 thermostat, i think it would be a smart move to keep temps down. i'm dyeing to see what my car puts down on "tq delivered"

Comment

I have a 180 degree thermostat. I do have autolite 104's. Should put 103's in but I am going to put 91 and spray alcohol into it so it should be OK.

Comment

Put in an alcohol system and it doesnt knock at all. 10PSI, 3.4" pulley and 89 and no knock. Alcohol injection works awesome.

Comment

cant wait to install mine. i demand pics of said methanol kit installed! i'd like to see where you put the nozzle etc. and what does hptuners say for torque now?

Comment

It actually went down. However, I am injecting too much so I have to turn it down a bit. I built my own setup using window washer fluid. Last spring I built my own setup on my 81 carb turbo cutlass. It cost like $50. Just had to buy a hobbs switch, some vacuume line, and some nozzles and a tank. It worked great so I did the samething on my bird. I unpluged the window washer hose and plugged a new hose out of the stock pump. Cut the wire going to the pump and connected a power wire going to the hobbs switch.

For the nozzle I put it in the throttle body. When I moved the throttle body I lost the connection between the PCV port in the throttle body flange and the supercharger. I just put a hose going from the supercharger to the intake tube pre MAF so I had the hole in the throttle body for the nozzle. I knocked the freeze plug out and machined a connector that would fit in the old PCV hole.

Its hard to explain but the easy way to say it is that I spent $20 and a few hours on it and it works great.

Comment

you are using the washer fluid pump?

Comment

Yes!

Grabbed some pics. If you didnt know it was there you wouldnt know. Just some fittings and a hose.

Comment

it seems like that would just be spitting water in almost regardless of nozzle size. did you test spray it? surely you did. wheres the maf sensor? or are you just running map?
                        Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 06-19-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah I test sprayed it. It does mist pretty good. It should get mixed up pretty good when it goes through the blower anyways.

The nozzle sits right after the MAF and right before the throttle blade. Theres a 4" gap in between. That way it doesnt have to seal from vacuum and its post MAF so theres no issues there.

Comment

Ran at the track today. Not a sucess but not a failure either. It was 85, slight breeze and sunny. Low attendance, rain makeup day from a few weeks back Some people complained about the track being slippery. Ran a 15.34 first run, knocked all the way, spun bad, 2.46 60ft, trapped at 92.74. Went back, let it cool off, added more alcohol, went up and raced it. 14.76 at 92.83, 2.17 60ft. Ran it again and got a bit greedy, spun off the line, 15.09 at 94. Every run after that was a 14.85-15.20 at 93 with about a 2.36 60ft.

My 14.74 run trap speed was 92.74 and last falls run was 93.83 so it actually got slower on the big end.

Woulda thought that with 3-4 more PSI, better tires, and more timing with no knock it woulda ran better but with the exeption of that one 2.17 60ft time it ran the exact same as it did last fall. That 2.17 didnt spin a bit but I was unable to replicate that good lauch, just spun a bit every time. Reduced the tire pressure about 5PSI and it didnt help. IAT's were around 100 no matter how long it sat.

Nobody else was super strong it seemed. There was a STR8 challenger that ran 14.5's all the time and hes got 100HP on me. Procharged C5 that ran high 12's that shoulda been in the 11's.

Needs drag radials or a trip to a different track just to see what will happen.

Heres a video but I didnt realize the video function on my camera is so bad and all you can hear is the mustang next to me squeeling forever. Click to open

Comment

damn i need to get to the track.... if my car runs those times i will be pissed. no offense. do you know what was done to the mustang?

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty dissapointed. I still dont know why it didnt pick up hardly any from last fall. It ran a 15.03 on junk tires and stock boost with a mediocre tune and exhaust, considering a stock GTP runs 14.70's I thought good tires would make the 60ft go from 2.46 to 2.0ish and I would be low 14's. Awesome! I put good tires and LCA relocs and it helped but not enough. The boost is what I dont understand. Why would 4PSI not pick up the trap speed ANY when there is no knock and has more agressive spark? My IAT's were high, but about the same as last fall.

Mustang was just a stock GT I think. Ran 30 passes in 4 hours, was hot lapping over and over. I actually beat it in that race, not on reaction time but overall ET, 15.22 vs a 15.50ish or so.

I am getting a set of MT ET streets and going to run it once more this August and try and figgure out why its slow. Gotta do some research too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X