Powerdyne internals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerdyne internals.

Hey guys I want to take my powerdyne apart and check the internals just for piece of mind and to make sure everythings ok before it goes on the car. What exactly should I check?
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Re: Powerdyne internals.

The bearings and the belt. :P Thats about all there is to check. Just make sure the bearings aren't rough or loose and check that the belt is in good shape.

You can inspect the impeller and make sure its not dinged and make sure the impeller shaft is straight, but i suspect that if its not making scraping noises that these things are fine.

Comment

I haven't had it installed obviously but when I spin it, it sounds good an I can hear It sucking air.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      sigpic

Comment

If it isn't making noise I would leave it alone. Unless your putting in ceramic brearings.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 07-31-2011, 10:09 AM.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, well if it doesn't sound broke it probably isn't. But it isn't too hard to take it apart and spin the bearings by hand just to be safe. But you're probably fine for now so its just a peace of mind thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
            But you're probably fine for now so its just a peace of mind thing.
            Exactly. If I spin It with my fingers it sounds fine bit I'd hate to get it on the car and have something happen.
            3M MAFIA
            ________
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X