Wastegate location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wastegate location?

So i just got the tial wastegate and i was wondering where i could put it on my y pipe. I was thinking right at the y going into the turbo (drill a hole on the merge and weld it right their), cause then their will be little to no over spooling right?

Re: Wastegate location?

You need it after both banks merge. So right after the y-merge is best and you want it close to the turbo for best response. Be sure that if you are running the wastegate dump back into your exhaust after the turbo to look into a short line of flex coupling to prevent heat stress cracks.

Comment

Yeah, as close to the turbo as possible. After running around for awhile with the wastegate just dumping into the atmosphere I rerouted it into the exhaust past the turbo.. It just didn't make a really pretty sound when it was open.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
        Yeah, as close to the turbo as possible. After running around for awhile with the wastegate just dumping into the atmosphere I rerouted it into the exhaust past the turbo.. It just didn't make a really pretty sound when it was open.
        so your saying rout it back through the dump pipe going through (in my case) the ac compressor way. and back out the exhaust right

Comment

Uhmm, route the wastegate dump pipe back into the exhaust pipes past the turbo. If I can find a pic I'll show you.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYqvQCI7x0

Look at that vid. That small open pipe you can see there is his wastegate dump tube. It's not recirculated back into the exhaust so it's probably loud when it opens. If he wanted to recirculate it he would weld it into the exhaust pipe that it's running by right there. That is all past his turbo going towards his muffler.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

alright got it thanks guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X