Hex plug for PCV bypass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex plug for PCV bypass?

Where are you guys getting these? No one around here seems to have them. I've got the 3/8-16 tap, rtv and a gasket, but no plug :(.

Also my injector duty is currently around 84-86% at 6200RPM @ WOT according to HPTuners. Will I be able to run a powerdyne 6psi setup on these injectors? Do I have to use the FMU? I plan to go with big injectors after my New York trip, but for now just to test I was considering using the FMU if I have to.

I'm trying to get all the prepwork done for the powerdyne install this weekend :D.
    Last edited by OneEightSeven; 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Hex plug for PCV bypass?

I would go with bigger injectors. I've heard some people say to not go much over %80 duty cycle and if you're there N/A you will definitely need more fuel with boost.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaHertz View Post
      I would go with bigger injectors. I've heard some people say to not go much over %80 duty cycle and if you're there N/A you will definitely need more fuel with boost.
      Definitely getting bigger injectors. I'm just wondering if I can get by with the FMU for now. Will the injector duty go up much more since I'm going to be adding more PSI of fuel under boost condition?
      sigpic

Comment

The plug you can go to like ACE hardware and they have just about every plug in the world, if your over 80% you should look into somemore injectors.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          The plug you can go to like ACE hardware and they have just about every plug in the world, if your over 80% you should look into somemore injectors.
          I'll try ACE today, I think home depot just sucks. So you think the extra pressure from the FMU won't help with the stock injectors if I'm already at 86% N/A?

I wanted to try running the S/C on stock w/ FMU just to test the powerdyne out. I'm going to buy injectors sometime next week. Did you still want to buy that FMU once I'm done with it?
          sigpic

Comment

I got a plug kit from autozone that had about 4 different size plugs in it. I think it was made by spectre.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
              I got a plug kit from autozone that had about 4 different size plugs in it. I think it was made by spectre.
              May have to try autozone too. I usually only shop at Napa/Oreilly but may give Autozone a try, they're closer than my nearest ACE (which is half way accross town and closes at 5:30pm??!?) ****ing Houston!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I might want the FMU.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a 6:1 BLOX FMU for my S/C. Highly recommended

Comment

Yay I think I found the right hex bits. Time to see what we can do 0.o.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good luck dude. WOAH just noticed your name was OneEightSeven o.O Creepy considering I have that on like everything I own

Comment

PCV bypassed =), going to install the powerdyne tomorrow. Has anyone installed the Scorpion model powerdyne before in place of the belt driven unit? I was thinking of eventually just swapping out the head unit I bought with a Scorpion gear driven unit.

Originally posted by LoveMy02W68 View Post
                        Good luck dude. WOAH just noticed your name was OneEightSeven o.O Creepy considering I have that on like everything I own
                        Heh, I've used this alias since like 2000 :), glad you approve.
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X