Turbo'd wideband location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo'd wideband location

Alright, seeing as I don't have the extra cash to buy and fab front facing headers.. and my exhaust setup is leaking so much that by the time it gets to my wideband sensor it's reading a 15.1 ratio in closed loop at idle. I want to stick my wideband right in my headers to tune it. I have an under K setup. My question is.. Anyone have any idea how long I could run like this till my wideband sensor burns up?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Turbo'd wideband location

Just have a exhuast shop weld in a new bung about 12-20 inches from the turbo on the DP.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

No no.. That's the problem. Everything downstream has leaks and I'm getting more air metered than what's coming out of the combustion chambers.

Just wondering how long my wideband will last in the header.
      Last edited by Blizzard242; 05-05-2011, 01:50 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

It won't get the correct reading in the header though.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          It won't get the correct reading in the header though.
          How so?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

You'll only be reading one bank, if the other side goes leaner for a bit then you could blow a headgasket on that other side.

Comment

I'm not skewing my injectors. Regardless, if I do go leaner on an individual bank I wouldn't be able to tell which bank is leaner than the rest with a single wideband downstream of the turbo, then I'd be adding fuel and back where I started.

Have you read Russ K's tuning guide? It's on the HP tuners forum if you want to check it out. He actually says to temporarily install the wideband into the passenger side header to tune. I'm not saying just because he wrote it, it's the gospel. But I don't think anyone has opposed this process. I know being turbo'd things could be a little different but if I blow a gasket I'll mail it to ya.

Apparently no one knows how long a wideband will last so I'll be the test dummy.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I'll be waiting for it in the mail. LOL, I have read all the tunning guides, some of them work some don't, so I just tune my way for my car and have no problems,
                good luck.

Comment

I still think you should set up that MAF error% histogram and at least try it. Just getting it setup right is the hard part but after that, it makes tuning a breeze.

And if I ask you for your address, don't be surprised to see me *****ing on HP tuners forum.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                    I still think you should set up that MAF error% histogram and at least try it. Just getting it setup right is the hard part but after that, it makes tuning a breeze.

And if I ask you for your address, don't be surprised to see me *****ing on HP tuners forum.

I've been tunning since 03' , I know how to tune my car which all that matters to me, I see you on Hptuners forum then. LOL

Comment

You're starting to sound like one of those old folks who resent technology. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Steve, that's who. Lol, I'm just kiddin with ya. You better build a shelf of "When people should have listened to me" so you can have somewhere to put that gasket.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I do maf tunnning , jusst when its needed, for N/A I never touch the maf tables, only when boosted. As for the maf failing and running iin SD, 97' pcm is too hard to tune accuartly.

Comment

What are all the tables you use for fueling when you don't use the MAF tables?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Injector tables and PE tables for N/A, then injector,PE, maf tables for boosted cars that max the maf tables. only becuase PE maxes out at -5.000. So you then can X the maf by 1.6 then use inj. table to do idle and PE for part/ wot tunning.

Comment

I wish I had HP tuners here with me.. I've got a desk job now which is why I'm even on here this early in the day hah. I didn't know PE maxes out at -5. I haven't boosted my car past 7psi yet.
                              I was really under the impression that after you get your injectors dialed in you shouldn't have to ever touch those tables again. To me, it seems as if the MAF tables are more intricate or accurate to use than the injector tables why not use that as much as you can to fine tune?

I'm not quite getting the concept of multiplying to MAF table by 1.6 I have an idea of what you're saying but the actual physical capabilities of the MAF sensor itself seems like it would fail before any computer trickery could be done to add more fueling.. I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, but it's not working out in my head.

You're gonna have to excuse me though, I haven't tuned anything for over a year.. or even had HP tuners open. I gotta start looking into all this stuff again.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X