Looks like I'm going to be forced to go V6 FI route... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I'm going to be forced to go V6 FI route...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm going to be forced to go V6 FI route...

I'm looking at getting a 3.8L motor installed for $1,200 ...

My DREAM motor is a 3.8L GTP motor in a F-Body... The Supercharger Setup... I really want that the most out of all forced induction applications much like OldsAddict did in his sticky.

If I went that route I would just pickup a GTP motor for about $700

Any idea as to how much something like that would cost?

I wouldn't mind going Powerdyne either but they are so hard to come by and so rare that its almost infeasible.

Turboing isn't too bad either, it's just I have to have all the piping done and I want to keep my A/C so the cartune kit isn't an option (plus it's a tad pricey...). I really like what scott has done with Turbo's so that would be the route I would most likely go if I went Turbo... I just kinda wish there was a way I could get his setup in a kit.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Looks like I'm going to be forced to go V6 FI route...

Cartuning Turbo kit is the best option. Makes your car so fast you don't need AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Meemperor View Post
      Cartuning Turbo kit is the best option. Makes your car so fast you don't need AC.
      If you live in GA, it wont matter how fast your car is...the faster you go the more hot air you're forcing into yourself.

I need A/C to survive here.

Comment

What kinda supporting mods do you need?
        Last edited by Docta; 03-26-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          What kinda supporting mods do you need?
          A walbro pump. That's the only thing it doesn't come with. Injectors, hoses, MAF, tune and instructions are all included in the kit.

Comment

A walbro pump. That's the only thing it doesn't come with. Injectors, hoses, MAF, tune and instructions are all included in the kit.
            Time to save up..

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
              Time to save up..
              You can buy it without the Intercooler and then order the intercooler later too. Just have to E-mail them!

Comment

well, it sounds like a nice kit but I HAVE to keep A/C... it gets to 115 between mid-may and september down here... there's no way I can go without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                  well, it sounds like a nice kit but I HAVE to keep A/C... it gets to 115 between mid-may and september down here... there's no way I can go without it.
                  Email 'em. Maybe they'll make you a custom kit.

Comment

If I went the L67 into F-Body route... What would all be necessary? I know there's three stickies up there about this but I'm still not quite clear... but from what I gather...

- Shortening the intake Inlet of the M90 Housing so an intake pipe can fit
                    - L67 Heads (will already have since I'm using the L67 motor)
                    - L67 Fuel Rail (Ditto)
                    - L67 Wiring Harness and ECM
                    - L67 Front Accessories
                    - L32 Rear Engine Cover for Transmission Linkage

Is this it?
                    This is the route I really desire to go.
                    -------------------

The other route would be a Powerdyne kit or Procharger on a L26 motor, but its so hard to get a Powerdyne kit... A Procharger likewise... What if I just started from scratch with a S/C? What would it cost to have a head unit made for either S/C ?

-------------------

Finally if I do go Turbo, then I would just use a L26 motor. I'm going the route Scott goes on Turbo'ing if I'm forced to go this route. I love his work, his numbers, his prices, and he keeps A/C.

Comment

You can do a custom under (or over) k-member turbo build for a lot less than 5k. Just sayin.

Comment

I built mine for about $4500 in the end and thats with all name brand products and methanol injection. So $5000 for a turbo or supercharger shouldn't be a problem. Also kept my A/C.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X