Fuel line fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line fittings

Ok so im trying to figure out how i can hook up an FMU without those GM fuel hose quick connect things. I called the dealer and the auto parts stores and no one has them. Not even junk yards, they say most of that stuff is cut off already. So my question is can you even make it work without those connections? or is it going to leak? This more than likley will not be a permanent install, just something to tie me over until i get the the money for injectors, 255, and a dyno tune.

Re: Fuel line fittings

I know I saw someone who cut their fuel lines to make a FMU to work it was awhile back , I would search around 03'-05' year on this board. Might find the thread with the info you need.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/pm-4...e-800-120.aspx
      is this the right connector? And is the other line anything special?

Comment

from my understanding and from what i've researched is you just simply cut your return fuel line and put the fmu inline with hose clamps. i personally would do two clamps on each connection with the screw of each clamp going the opposing directions.

Comment

k. does anyone know if the link i posted is the right connection?

Comment

really nobody?

Comment

when I had an FMU, cut the return line fitting off and stick it on the FMU, and the return from the fuel rail run a piece of fuel injection hose from there to fmu. the hose will slide right on the "nipple" or the fuel rail.

Comment

Originally posted by N2OEQIP View Post
                when I had an FMU, cut the return line fitting off and stick it on the FMU, and the return from the fuel rail run a piece of fuel injection hose from there to fmu. the hose will slide right on the "nipple" or the fuel rail.
                that i get, but i am afraid when i cut the line it will be to short, which would prove to be a PITA when i want to get the 255, injectors, and tune. Especially since GM said they have discontinued that fuel line.

Comment

if you just cut the line in the middle all you need is a double barbed connection because once you get a tune it's a return fuel line so it's not as high pressure and will do fine with a connection. and if you're really worried about it just get double compression fittings and put that in line where you cut for your fmu. hope that makes sense

Comment

yea that works. thanks

Comment

Just picked up a used FMU for $50. Diaphrams inside look good, no rips.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X