heater whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater whine

I'm getting a whine from my heater when I put it on 3 or 4. It only does it on the heater not the ac. I checked the squirrel cage and it was squeaky clean with no debris in any part of the assembly. The sound seems to come from behind the fan switch itself. Any ideas?

Re: heater whine

why in the hell you posted this in sound systems I dont know.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I posted it in the sound systems because it affects the stereo(sound system) and it comes on thru the speakers!

Comment

Never once did you mention that.... in fact, I assumed you meant an actual squeak or whine "from behind the fan switch itself." Go figure.

Made any changes/done any maintenance just before noticing this?
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Check the grounds on the car, on your radio and or system, if you have a system make sure your RCA cables are on tight, and all other connections having to do with the radio.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

if you have a pioneer head unit they are prone for problems but it is possible with other head units also. it is most likely a bad ground. the way to fix that is to wrap a piece of wire around the rca terminals on the back of the head unit and reground it to somewhere with a solid frame. This will fix many whine problems. the other thing you can do for a cheap easy fix is go to radio shack and get a ground loop isolator. I guarantee you this will fix your problem. what speakers are whining. are they just door speakers or are they after market subwoofers? if u have any ?'s feel free to contact me. im a professional.
            -Dave

Comment

I checked the speakers and it's not coming from the speakers, it seems to be coming from behind the heater switch I don't think the squirrel cage is bad because it has been doing this since I bought the car 3 years ago. I can't figure this out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                4 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X