Battery Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Problems

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but, I'll go with it anyway. The battery is always getting dangerously low when I come to a complete stop. The lights dim, the blinker slows down, and my heat slows too. It seems like the alternator isn't charging it or whatever, because everytime I step on the gas a little it will go up, and everything will start working normal again. I haven't really looked into it yet but if someone can give me a start on what to check or if they know what it is, it will be very helpful. Thank you.

Re: Battery Problems

Sounds like your alternator is about to kick-the-bucket. The alternator basically runs all of the electrical system(s) when the engine is running. The battery is there just to start the car.
    sigpic

Comment

Yea. I think I forgot to mention in what I just posted that its a brand new alternator, haha. So if it is that, i should go get some money back.

Comment

a fully charged battery will read 13.6 volts on a voltmeter and will not drop below 8 volts when cranking the engine

Do you have any extra electrical accessories...like an Amplifier?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

could be a bad battery drawing hard on the alternator try to recharge.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Well, i have no radio or speakers at all, and the battery is also pretty new, so i dont know why it would be doing that.

Comment

check your connections if the amp & batt are new
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I would also check your grounds.

Comment

are you gonna repeat everything I say? lol

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                    are you gonna repeat everything I say? lol
                    This might be important or might not but check your grounds. lol, sorry just trying to up my post count.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                      lol, sorry just trying to up my post count.
                      Let me catch you post whoring. Not on my boards.:spank:

If you had no problems in the past. Got a new alternator installed, and now you instantly have problems......get where I'm going with this?
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

Well, this was my cousins car before me. He said the alternator went, so he bought a new one and put it in. Ill probably just mess around with it with him, and maybe we can figure it out.

Comment

most cars are running maiily off the batt when idling because of the way there wound(to put out more amps at crusing rpm) a fully charged batt is 12.6 any higher is a surface charge that will disapate fairly quickly. soorry for any typos i dont have my glasses on and can hardly read the screen

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X