Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp is overheating from the sun

Originally posted by Billy1987
    I have heard of alot of the DEI products kick into protect when they are at a low ohm. I had a 2500D in my S10 and was running it a 1ohms and it kicked off alot. This was hooked up to a planet audio big bang dual 2 ohms.So i sent it back to them and they sent me a new one( I still had some warrentee left so that was good) And i am still using it.
    Some of their new stuff is nothing compared to their old stuff. In the early to even late 90's Dei's various companies were unstoppable in all competetions. I still love the fact that a few of thier things are still designed and built by hand in the US. Great quality control, and overall a great product. Never dealt with the 2500D but that is a Directed Audio amp, and they arn't much against thier Orion and PPI counter parts, even though many people tend to think so. The $500 difference in price is there for a reason ;)
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

This summer when I upgrade my system, I'm building a venitllated enclosure for my amp. Probably MDF with a few 12v fans in it to allow for cooling, along with a plexy/lexan window in the top and some some LEDs or something.

Comment

[QUOTE=Josh_101]....but I'll kinda agree with your dad, cars with really dark tinted windows is an easy target for cops, alot of people that sell drugs and do other illegal activities tint their windows. QUOTE]

stereotyping are we??? im getting 5% real soon, im not getting it to sell dope or anything like that, im getting it because it looks good, and i hate people being able to look and see whats in my car by simply walking by it, plus it will keep my car cooler which will in turn keep my daughter alot cooler, seeing as she is in a carseat in the back right under the huge asss hatch window
        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

yeah, this happened to me today, amp is in the same place, no tint, audiobahn 4004t, protection mode until about 5 minutes of driving with the AC blasting, i am looking into relocating, but where...

Comment

Originally posted by bah
            yeah, this happened to me today, amp is in the same place, no tint, audiobahn 4004t, protection mode until about 5 minutes of driving with the AC blasting, i am looking into relocating, but where...
            A good place is where I'm dropping mine, but it really depends if you have the room.. Just underneath my sub box, I built an amp rack on the back wall of the hatch. On top of that I'm going a set further and currently working on the box around that with a lexan cover, that is drilled, and I will be putting probably 6 fans in it also, plus my amps are fan cooled as it is.

Another idea I have been considering is useing a liquid cooling system off the heatsinks of my amps. You can pick up simple systems, with little radiators almost anywhere, but its an idea if I start having problems.

Comment

yeah, i have t-tops, and dont really want to interfear with them, i would like to put it on the back wall, but i have yet to figure out exactly how i want to do it, and i want to get a stealth enclosure eventually, mine is fan cooled too, but that doesnt help when the fan isnt running when its off and the sun is beating down on the reflective surface for hours before i turn it on, but it also never happened before this first 90* day

Comment

That kinda sucks, well take a look and see what you want to do, that was my biggest issue to is I'm KEEPING my FACTORY t-top holders no matter what, and I did.

Comment

Today I had to drive a good 15 minutes before it would turn on again, and this is with the T-tops off. It has been 90+ here the last few days, so my car is probably 120+ when closed up. I really need to do something about this, it is starting to make me a little pissed off.
                  <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Tint and fans, if you are good with electronics, and a little custom work, you can wire up a liquid cooling system for a computer to your amps, thats what I am considering doing, I don't have problems, but I might do it anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X