HELP QUICK! Simple.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am kind of stumpded. One thing you could try:

Try not using the turn on lead from the head unit to turn on the bose amps. I believe you said you needed to connect the turn on lead for the bose amps to work so try this: connect the lead from the adapter that is supposed to connect to the head unit turn on lead to the 12V wire that is only on with the ignition. Yes this will keep the amps on when ever the ignition is on, but it will eliminate the connection to the head unit. i am just thinking the noise could be due to some electrical noise in the wiring. If the internal circuits for the pioneer turn on lead are different than the other two radios, it may be causing the noise. This wiring would only be temporary to diagnose the problems. And make sure you are connecting the 12V wire to the input of the adapter. I don't know if the adapter does anything to the signal before it gets to the amps but just to be sure connect it to the imput.

Is your adapter similar to one of these two?
    http://www.scosche.com/scosche/electronic/FAI3.asp
    http://www.scosche.com/scosche/electronic/FAI4.asp

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Those don't look like it but it's the same principle. I don't have that many adjustments. I only have 4. What you said to try sound good. I just took the radio out and put it back in already today. I'm getting good. i can take the radio out in under 3 minutes.
      I'll try what you said when i get the time. I'm heading back to college now. I called Pioneer this morning and they were no help. This guy with a heavy accent was telling me about using my RCA cables to go to my speaker inputs on my amp. I told him 5 times that my amp was internal in the dash and nothing could be hooked up that way. It's all integrated into my system. Thanks for all your help Backfire. If is doesn't work I'll just keep the radio like it is.

Comment

ok, so what you're saying is, take my power antenna control wire that's coming from my harness that connects to the dash wires(Blue, that's what is used to connect to the radio's power control for the amp) and then hook that to the 12V(yellow) wire that comes out of the same harness, so that it routes back into the main power. Yellow si the battery and hooking into that would always keep power running to my unit right? Wouldn't that drain my battery? Thanks again, I can't thank you enough

Comment

If you hook it to the constant 12V it will always be on. If you connect it to the 12V wire that is only on with the ignition, I think it is labeled ACC on some, then the amps will only be on when the key is in the necessary positiion. If you hook it up to the constant 12V source it will drain you battery, so be careful.

I am refering to the input side of the adapter as the side that connects to the the radio wiring harness, not the car wiring. Take the lead from the harness that connects to the radio's blue amp power control wire and disconntect it. Then connect that wire from the harness to the same wire that the radio's ACC wire connects to.

Original Setup:
          radio|---ACC--------------------ACC----|Harness|
          ____|---Amp Power----------Antenna---|_______|

New
          radio|---ACC-------------|------ACC-----|Harness|
          ____|--Amp Power-xxxxxx|---Antenna----|_______|

Doing the connections on this side of the adapter makes sures that if the adapter conditions that antenna signal at all before it gets to the amp it will still do that.

Comment

Backfire,

you're the ****! Thanks dude! You really went the extra effort to help me. I won't be back home soon to work on the radio. When I do get around to doing this I'll let you know how it turns out. If you knew what to do to fix it i say you should get a ob working for Pioneer. They don't know what they are doing!!!!

Comment

I'm just firing out some ideas, no guarantee they will work! But since your setup worked before, you should be able to get the new unit working as well.

I know how poor customer service is and it's hard to trust shops when they benefit by simply selling you new equipment rather than fixing your current stuff. I like to do my own work and it's hard to find help sometimes. So when I can aid someone else, I try my best!
              [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X