HELP QUICK! Simple.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP QUICK! Simple.......

I just installed a Pioneer DEH P9200R head unit. I've installed it fine but I'm getting alot of hissing out of my speakers. I have the bose system and I think this is what's leading to the hookup problem. Everything is hooked up and there are no interference between the wires. I've hooked my Amp Power control to the Power Antenna wire as it said but I think this si why something is going wrong. For My old Cd player I installed I had to have a crossover so it would work right, so the retailer said. I've gotten rid of that crossover because this radio has all the crossovers built in it. I've adjusted the frequencies of the crossovers and still the hissing stays at the same level. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks guys!

You left the stock Bose speakers in and then put a new Aftermarket head unit in? That's your problem. The Bose head unit has pre-amp level outputs. It doesn't have an internal amp like all aftermarket head units. Each bose speaker has it's own amp, built onto the speaker, and you putting a head unit, which also has an amp (say 45x4 or whatever) is not good for those speakers, and is more likely than not what's causing the hissing. My recommendation: Get some aftermarket speakers to compliment the head unit. Not only will it fix the hiss, it'll sound 200% better than the crappy Bose speakers.

-Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I'm keeping the bose speakers. They sounded very good with my other setup runnin a 40x4 headunit with the Integrated crossover. I had my previous installed for over 2 years with no problems. I actually had it installed with the crossoves turned all the way up. People didn't believe that I had stock bose speakers. My system hit really awesome. I was amazed how much they sounded different when i took the stock receiver out. I've had my stock radio in for a few days until i got this new radio in the mail (my old Cd player Sony already taken out). I was getting no bass response from the Delco/Bose unit. I'm trying this crossover again and I'll see if it fixes it. I cut my wires too short and I'm trying to get it to work now, but I may have to go and buy another integrated crossover adapter to get it to work ($50). This will be my 7th radio install with no problems yet.

Comment

Same happened on my friend's Z28 when we oput an aftermarket deck in. You can get some sort of harness from any car audio store, it adjusts everything and sends the right signal to the Bose amps. Otherwise, if you don't wanna use that harness, you may consider bypassing the factory amps.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

The crossover didn't work. Still the same amount of hissing. I've got the blue power control wire that comes out of the radio connected to the Power antenna of the dash wires as all the instructions for all the radios say to do. Anybody got any ideas on what i can do to get it to work without hissing? I want to get this straight before I go back to college Monday evening. Pioneer has no troubleshooting tips and they have been the hardest people to work with. No info on their website either. Help is very much needed, Puhleeezzzee!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's the harness I had to get. It didn't work for this unit eventhough it did work for my old headunit. I want to use my Bose amps to get the most power. How would i buypass the Bose amp to get it to work? I've tried not using the power antenna wire because that goes to my power control wire. All power runs through the bose amps so I would think that I have to run power through that. For now I've got it hooked up with all the hissing. Should I get any Noise Supressors to hook in-line with my power control for the unit? Thanks guys. I'm aggrevated over this........ :mad:

Comment

Nobody that has a Bose system and an aftermarket headunit knows what to do to fix this. Maybe no one cares, Come on guys!

Comment

Are you sure that your original system had a "crossover" in it and not just a signal adapter? As far as I know the device you need, to use an aftermarket headunit with the factory bose system, changes the speaker level output from the head unit to a line level signal usable by the individual bose amps. Do you have a name for the device that was in your car before? The adjustments you spoke of normally adjust the output level on the adapter, not the frequencies; you use this to match up to the system amps properly. The power control wire sends a low power 12V signal to turn on a power antenna or external amps (aftermarket, not the bose ones), so if you don't have a power antenna, you shouldn't need that connection I don't believe. Unless it IS necessary to turn on the bose amps, in which case I am not sure which wires do that. :(

I have a 94 with the Bose system, but I replaced everything in my system so I am trying to think back to the research I did when I was considering the setup you want to run. I pretty sure you need an adapter to connect to the bose amps properly.

When does the hiss occur? Only during radio playback or also during CD playback?

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Backfire,

I get this hiss with everything. Cd and tuner, anytime the radio is on. I don't have power antenna and i do need to power antenna wire to conencto to my power control coming form my new headunit. Without that wire hooked up i get no signal. The Crossover as i said, may not be a crossover. You're right in the signal adapter. It's an integrated harness by Scosche that connects between the dash harness and the harness of my new radio. The thing is, my system sounded no different with the harness connected and without it. Yea, I've done alot of splicing. I can adjust that as you said but there was no change in hiss with all 4 levels, (Front L&R, Rear L&R) adjusted all the way up and all the way down. I'm gonna give Pionner a try tomorrow when they open. I hope they can help. I've got to go back to college tomorrow and that hissing will get annoying after a 3 hour drive. Thanks for helping me!

Comment

I have a couple other questions for you? Does the hiss occur with the engine on and off? Does it get louder as you increase the volume? Does it change frequency when you rev the engine? Maybe something will come to mind with these answered!

Comment

It hisses with the engine on or off. The hiss never changes its pitches at any volume level. it just gets sounded out when the volume is higher than the hiss pitch. Even at higher volume I can tell it's not right. It seems that as I was driving ti today that some radio stations were fading slightly. These stations never fade in this area.

It doesn't change with the engine changing RPM's. I've known that the fuel pump does interfere with that. I don't really notice that. I do notice that when i tap my brakes and cut on my turn signal that it makes a noise.

Comment

i believe that there is no way to get over this. as someone said before, they have amps built into the speakers. maybe if you can rip the amp out of the speaker and then try it, it might work. but the only solution that i have heard it just to change out all of the speakers. get some good infinity's or something.
                        \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

AHHH! I can't afford new speakers! I'm in college and this radio was a christmas present. My parents already paid $330 for the radio, it's my second one i got. I first got a Kenwood KDCX717 and I did not have this problem. That radio was a 50x4, this one is a 45x4. I do't know why my old radio and the other new one i had worked but this one won't. I sent the first one back because Kenwood said it was defective. When i cut it on the volume would be all the way up and buttons weren't functioning properly. It wouldn't keep source tone memory either. So when I'd cut it off it would do it all over again.

Anyways, why would this radio not work and the Kenwood one work? I hope Pioneer can settle some of this tomorrow.

I know where the rear amp is, it's behind the rear speaker correct? Where's the one for the front? Is it under the dash, I haven't seen it in there but I know what it looks like.

BTW, Thanks Everyone for helping me. I've been working on this for days and i dunno what else to do. My System was killer before with an old radio and now with an originally $600 unit it sucks!!!

Comment

If the system is like mine, there is an amp at each speaker. The front ones mount to the same baffle as the speaker. They are separate pieces from the actual speaker. To get to them you would need to take the door panels off and remove the speaker and baffle. I believe the resistence of the bose speakers is lower than normal, which makes it difficult to attach them to aftermarket amps/headunits.

It doesn't sound like engine noise(alt whine) since the pitch is constant with engine speed. Are there only speaker connections on your signal adapter, or are there other wires? Some of the units I have seen have some sort of a ground connection to make. Do you still have your other unit to try and see if it works with no problem? That could point out if it is the new radio or the existing wiring.

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

I've taken my side rear speakers out before, i installed tweeters and I never saw a bose amp for those speakers. I've never seen one for the dash either but i have seen the one for the rear sub/speaker. I have seen Bose systems for Sale on Ebay with only two amps, the one to the rear and one for the dash.

The signal adapter has all the same wires as does my harness. So all the wires that go into the signal adapter then connect to the radio's harness, so everything goes through that piece. My Sony worked fine with the system. The Kenwood worked fine besides it being defective (it gave me no hissing). The stock unit as i had it in the past 2 weeks sounded fine. The only little thing I did notice was that when i turned the volume up I got a very slight hiss/tick but it wasn't like this constant loud hiss I'm having now.
                              I still have the Old Sony and my stock radio. I've sat and studied all the wires going into and out of everything in the car and everything is hooked up A.O.K.

I did have alt whine/ fuel pump noise when i first put the sony unit in years ago. When i got the signal adapter/crossover thing it fixed it when i adjusted it. (I actually had it adjusted all the way up; It has 4 adjustments on it,(you have to turn them with a screwdriver. 4 adjs. Front: Left and right, and rear: left and right) That's all you can do to adjust it. Is there anything else that this radio could do to cause the noise?? It's very powerful. 22 watts RMS, I believe. My previous had 17 watts RMS. ???? I know RMS is the power that the amp can supply continuously at power bursts but could that be leading to interference?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X