NEW JL's ..STILL BUZZING? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by arnaldo:

ROFL! Is this better ," The Positive from one channel and the negative from the other. " ?
    <hr></blockquote>

Absolutely :D Where do you have the subs crossed over at? Just wondering if you've played with the settings any to see if that helps. It is also possible that one of the wires underneath the sub is vibrating against the cone. That's an easy one to check. Anything loose like the dust cap or the rubber surround? Just tossing out ideas here. Hope you solve this enigma.

Steve

Comment

OK i tested my subs on a friends car and it soudned soooooooo beautiful! I have came to the asumption that the ground is making the friggin buzzing. Ill have to find another place to ground it i guess. Ima take it right now to Al and Eds and they might be able to do it for me cuz im a retard! see ya guys
      2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

UPDATE! Ok they said something about impedence level or some shlt like that because of my factory head unit. The ground wire is totally fine and in a good place. So as soon as i get get a couple bucks ima get a NEw head unit. Will i experience any problems with any of my existing speakers or anything i should be aware of right now? Thanks all..Mike..youve been a big help bro. tanks =)

Comment

Will i experience any problems with any of my existing speakers or anything i should be aware of right now? <hr></blockquote>

Do you have the Bose or Monsoon system? If so, then yes, you will run into problems. I know nothing of the Monsoon so others will have to help you with that, if you have the Bose, then you will have to replace the speakers with aftermarket ones too. If it's neither the Monsoon nor the Bose, then you shouldn't have any problems. Well, other than the fact that factory speakers sound like azz.

Thanks all..Mike..youve been a big help bro. tanks =)<hr></blockquote>

Glad we all could help! That's what we're here for [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Just a comment on your problem, before you go spend money on a new head unit. If you have your subs hooked up together, either parellel or series, to the same channels on the amp, and only one buzzes, that is not a signal problem. If the problem is with the signal, both speakers would be buzzing! If only one of them does it I would really doubt if it is a problem with the signal.

You said you tried them in a friend car and they sounded great, how did you do this? Did you remove the subs from your box and place them in another one, did you remove wiring? What variables did you change? I just really have a hard time believing it's signal based since both subs are using the same signal in the bridged setup you are talking about so either both would buzz or both would work.

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
              Just a comment on your problem, before you go spend money on a new head unit. If you have your subs hooked up together, either parellel or series, to the same channels on the amp, and only one buzzes, that is not a signal problem. If the problem is with the signal, both speakers would be buzzing! If only one of them does it I would really doubt if it is a problem with the signal.

You said you tried them in a friend car and they sounded great, how did you do this? Did you remove the subs from your box and place them in another one, did you remove wiring? What variables did you change? I just really have a hard time believing it's signal based since both subs are using the same signal in the bridged setup you are talking about so either both would buzz or both would work.

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]
              <hr></blockquote>
              ok..my amp is bridged now and BOTH buzzz still. I took out my box and put it in a friends car, sounded amazing. He put his 1 12inch w/ box in my car and it buzzed..i need a new face anyway, but im hoping i ont have any problems like last time when Best Buy had my car for almost 2 DAYS and coulndt get a SONY CA615 Hu to work..those idiots...

Comment

OK, now we're clear that it's not the subs cause they worked in your friends car. Next, could be the amp or amp wiring. Does your amp have a phase switch? Try that. Next, where is your power lead located and where are the signal wires. It's possible you are picking up interference there.

One thing you could try would be to ask your friend if you could hook his amp to your wiring. If it still buzzes, you know its in your car's wiring. If no buzz, you know it's your amp. But if you're going for an aftermarket HU, get one with at least 2 sets of 4 volt pre-outs. Hope that helps.

Comment

OK, that makes more sense!

I would suggest using a set of muting plugs to determine where the noise is coming from. Muting plugs ground the input of the amp to guarantee there is no input signal. The easiest way to make a set of these is to buy two rca plugs and solder the center electrode to the outer shell. This will supply zero volts to the amp input. With these installed on the amp input, turn on your system and see if the buzz is still there. If it is, then your problem is in the power wires for the amp. If the hiss is gone, then the problem is in the signal wires.

One note on wiring, if you decide to upgrade your headunit, don't let anyone talk you into high dollar signal wire with the problems you have had. All you want is unshielded, twisted pair. I actually make my own from Cat5 network cable and it works beautifully. I can make it to the exact length I need, never had any problem with noise, and it takes much less room. I can run four channels in the same size cable as a single channel of normal audio cable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X