Any brands to stay away from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
    Stay away from brands such as: Sony, Boss, Pyle, Power Accoustic, and some Lanzar H.U.'s do not buy from flea markets! Buy directly from a licensed dealer<hr></blockquote>
    I second these. The only good Sony's are the ES line.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Yeah I knew to stay away from the lower line of sony decks. I paid 750 canadian for mine so I know it wasn't a low quality one. The lights on it fit perfectly into the fbody...all the buttons are red and you have a 7 color option for the main screen. With it being red it fits in perfectly with the rest of the interior. But I use a blue display and I've got nothing but crazy props for it. When the tray ejects out, its illumated in red and it looks nuts. It has scrolling ID3 tags...32 characters, scrolling across, etc etc. I'm only pimpin it here because it is a sweet looking deck with so many options, and fits an fbod perfectly.

http://www.planetminidisc.com/cdx-mp70.html
      W68, K&N, Flowmaster, Walker Cat, 18 x 9.5 Chrome Y2k C5\'s w/ 275/35/18 Kumho 712\'s, Susp Tech 1.2 inch drop front, 1.7 inch drop rear, Hotchkis Adj PHR,Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors<br />Hawk Pads<br />Pics: <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/franjobc-date</a>

Comment

I like my clarion

Comment

I luv my Pioneer GM perfect fit DEH P47D!! Didnt even have to buy a housing kit all for 240$

Comment

I am a pioneer fan my self [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            96\' Camaro RS<br />Stock

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:
              I like my clarion<hr></blockquote>

I love my Clarion too, not an MP3 unit, but very clear - no problems ever.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I installed a Jensen cd/mp3 player. It works GREAT! Occasionally, if I have a scratch on a burnt CD, it may skip or give an error message, but that's pretty rare. Also, remember, I'm using dirt-cheap walmart special for CDs. :) I'm a poor college student, what do ya expect! I do notice that the Tuner on the radio is really powerful, seems to get stations a lot better than the stock unit. Oh and the Jensen goes for $125-150. I have no real complaints.

Comment

I forgot, I also bought a Jensen steering wheel remote on ebay for $20 with shipping. Makes it a lot safer to fool with the sterio while in traffic. (Not to mention that it's cool.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you can find it at wal-mart, STAY AWAY!
                    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

I agree w/Akuma. Walmart car audio is junk. However, Walmart does carry some pioneer stuff I think. There is a pioneer mp3 player for like $230 that is relatively nice for the price, I dunno if walmart has that or not though.
                      -Ben

Comment

stay away from Legasy BS gaw says 600 wats but letmme tell ya it aint pushin over 40
                        91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

Pioneer products are decent, but their lifespan does not seem to always be to great. You could not pay me to install a Sony anything in my car. i personally have always went with eclipse audio products. I find their headunits & amps to be superior. I have owned a few cd players and have never had a single problem. Often when i upgrade i will sell my old ones to friends. One friend of mine has an original base model headunit from nearly 4 years ago and still uses it daily. You may want to look into Alpine as well...

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: Clayton ]</p>
                          Clayton - White 99 Firechicken<br />*********************************

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Clayton:
                            i personally have always went with eclipse audio products. I find their headunits & amps to be superior. <hr></blockquote>

I'm gonna have to give one up to Eclipse as well. Their head units are some of the best quality around.
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:

I'm gonna have to give one up to Eclipse as well. Their head units are some of the best quality around.
                              <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I recommend eclipse to everyone. They are the only brand I have ever been able to hook my speakers up to without an amp and not had serious distortion. I am waiting right now on eclipse to make a cd player with the XM controler. My local audio shop tells me those will be out around April 2003.
                              Clayton - White 99 Firechicken<br />*********************************

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X