8w7 vs ED 8" A Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Punk:
    there werent any db ratings there, thats what i need you guys for. And yes i am very capable of making any enclosure (i have like 5 very custom boxes under my belt and 7 not so custom). i know there will be some role off, i mean it is just an eight it is pretty limited but so is my space. but from what everyone has told me the ED is the better choice. now all i need to decide is if i should get 1 or two. Now if anyone can tell me how to fit a 10" sub in the car without removing seats or taking all the leg room away then please let me know. Until then 8's it is.
    Hold I would say that the w7 is a better speaker. I would go with the w7 myself, but if you are on a tight budget id go ED. Also have you checked the ED inventory? They have been very limitede since they discontinued the flat cone. Also you are gonna have a very complicated enclosure if these are not going in the trunk. Good luck and keep us updated.

Matt
    \'93 Red 3.4L Camaro<br />Engine: Jet II, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK, Accel Wires, Iridium Plugs, Flowmaster, ASP U/D, 180 Thermo, much more...<br /><br />\'98 Z28 Vert Triple Black A4 Stock for now<br />34000 Miles<br /><br />Not enough room in the sig for my stereo.

Comment

...now all i need to decide is if i should get 1 or two. Now if anyone can tell me how to fit a 10" sub in the car without removing seats or taking all the leg room away then please let me know. Until then 8's it is.
      It sounds like you're making progress. Earlier you said that you weren't interested in making it real loud, just clean tight bass. Adding a second speaker will not improve the sound quality but it will make it louder. That being said, I'd still go with two. I've run several 1-sub and 2-sub combinations in my hatch over the years -- I've always been happier with the 2-sub setup. The soundstage will sound more balanced and diffuse.

If you do 2, then the ED's are going to save you a big chunk of money. But Freeser is right, you should check with them to see what the wait time is these days. They've been having some problems with their supplier of late.

I want pictures of your custom enclosure. :cool:
      ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

Now if anyone can tell me how to fit a 10" sub in the car without removing seats or taking all the leg room away then please let me know. Until then 8's it is.
        two 12's...

[edit] one bolt through the base of the box would secure them to the deck. Boom - Instant security and safety for a convertible.

[ April 07, 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: user1101 ]
        ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

first, if you really don't want loud, but you want SQ, these are not exactly the woofers for you. The subwoofer you want, without any questions asked is the Illusion Audio ND-8. These are THE BEST SQ subwoofer out there now. They do not have much output though. These subs are also EXTREMELY shallow. You could easily fit them in your doors and not have to worry about fabricating something else. DEFINITELY look into them.
          Second, the 8443 is a GREAT SQ HU with many many options. Note: the 8443 does not play MP3's though, the new model does however. This thing will play the dirtiest CD's ever also, without ever scratching. You can find a new 8443 at your local TWEETER store for $350. I highly recommend it. But, if you're planning on running outboard amps for all your speakers, step up to the 8053...it's EVEN BETTER!
          Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

that box wont work, thats where the top goes down into unfortunately. ive even tried to fit my old xtant 2200ix in there and it was to high. good try though. as for the inventory... i guess i need to check that out. Freeser said something about them discontinuing the flat cone, where is that i havent seen anything about that yet. and dont worry ill get pics up when im done, if i ever get it "done" i have a bad habbit of never being happy and alway changing things. thanks for the info about the Illusions, ill have to look into those, and the HU larry. i guess i have one other question since i see a few of you guys have CDT's (the gods as far as speakers). my question is how much of a difference is there in the CL components and the EF components. havent found much on the EF's yet, was just wondering what you guys know. thanks for the ample help and support.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Well the EF's are a new line, so there won't be much to read on them. CDT is selling both the EF and the new CL62s for $349.00. If you didn't already know, thezeb.com is selling last years CL-61's for $149.00 and free shipping. Reason they can sell them this low is b/c the basket of these speakers wasn't painted the way CDT wanted them too. I actually bought a pair and haven't even used them yet. Don't know what to do with them.
              Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

well if you have the ES line i dont really see a use for the CL's. hey i just checked out Illusion Audio and man those look like they might even fit in my sails with a custom fiberglass box around them. the engineers over there really thought that design through. if they sond as good as you say they do i think those are my subs. thanks a lot man. only other question is who hear dares me to fit two ten inch luccents from Illusion Audio in the sails? i think it would be hard but possible. I'll try anything for under $400 at least once and this is more like 300!
                2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

T, about the SQ of the Illusion Audio's ... every single person on elite car audio swears that they are the best sounding sub out there. Every other sub has positive and negative responses - this is nothing but positive in terms of SQ. Like I said, they don't have a high output, but with 2x10's or even 2x8's, you'll have more than enough. Keep us posted on what u decide to do.

Comment

will do. thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X