Show me your SPL 's. How many dB have you hit? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show me your SPL 's. How many dB have you hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceyRS:

The factory rating is 75x2 which equals 150 watts, aka cheater amp.
    <hr></blockquote>

Sorry to bum you out, but it doesn't work that way. It's 2x75 @ 4 Ohms, bridge that and you half the impediance and combine the power; 2x150 @ 2ohms &gt; 1x300 @ 4 Ohms. You eaither didn't win that comp, so they didn't check your setup or it was some local audio shop competition who didn't think things through and just wanted to make people feel good about the stuff they bought.

Most of the really good amps are only like 4x25W @ 4Ohms but are .5 or .25 ohms stable so you can run super high loads on them and suck out more like 2x800W @ .5 Ohms. If this stuff was allowed nobody would need to compete in different classes to be fair. Check out http://www.cbrstereo.com/Merchant2/m...Code=ORIONAMPS to see what I mean. These amps are competition quality
    but only rated at 2x75 just like yours.

It's not about what the amp is rated at, but how much power you're really pulling from it.
    -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

I don't want to argue with you but check out the 4th picture on this page (your gonna have to register to view it). Compare it against the car in my profile to prove it's mine.

http://www.caraudioplanet.com/live/i...x=5x6&SiteID=4

That is my car in the 2000 USAC world finals now they don't invite you for winnning one show at one local audio shop they invite you when you win a whole bunch of show at a whole bunch of shops. The amps are judged at their 4 ohm stero rating. That is why mark antony amps got 22 people to world finals in 2001 because their amps are 25x2 but can put out nearly 1400.
      98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceyRS:
        I don't want to argue with you<hr></blockquote>

I don't know w/ USAC, maybe you're right. The only competeions I've been to are dB Drags and it was explained to me there that they used the highest RMS Wattage the amp was rated @ regardless of Ohms as they'd expect you to be maxing out your amp. That seems alot more fair and logical than just looking at the rating @ 4 Ohms when everyone is running lower loads on them. Maybe USAC doesn't care to classify down that much and want to run bigger groups against each other. O well. Sorry if I agrovated you, but I was just trying to figure out what type of power people were using to score what ever dBs. I was just tring to clairifying how much power you were using to get that score as only 150W seems way too low for a score like that. I figured you were eaither misinformed or had some super secrets to share ;)
        -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

USAC has a guide for all wattage output on every amp.... the use the least wattage put out normally at 4ohms.. i compete with 4 mmats D100hc amps that put out 1200 watts at.7 ohms each but in usac i am in the class of 301-600 but thats in my truck...... but in my camaro i placed 3rd last year at the spring break nationals soundoff with a 150.2 ..and my all time best was 155.3.. with 2 Diamond Audion Hex 12 inch subs and one MMATS d300hc(rated@1200wattts)... and i was in the 151-300 class .. pic are in the link in my signature
          97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X