Show me your SPL 's. How many dB have you hit? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show me your SPL 's. How many dB have you hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your SPL 's. How many dB have you hit?

Be sure to mention weither it was legal or outlaw style and what the basics of the setup were

I hit 137.2dB w/ 2 AudioBahn AW1200 12" subs and an 800.4 orion amp. The subs are dual 4ohm voice coils wired in a 2ohm load. The amp is a 4x100w and was setup in stereo. The first two channels power the 4 6.5 boston acustic's in each corner. The sencond pair of channels are wired in stereo to the subs. Each sub is pulling about 200W in this configuration. My origional intention was to bridge the 4 ch down to 2 and run about 800w (in a perfect world but not w/ an A+B amp maybe a D class) to each sub but this setup is already too loud for me. One of these days I'll hook it up right and hit up a comp or two when I get some free time :D

So what else is out there?

PS SPL is related to subs (including boxes), amps and a car's resonant frequency (which is the same for us), so keep it relavent. I don't think it's important what wire you paid too much for or that all your connectors are 24k gold plated.

So lets see what pressure level everyone has hit.

-Mike

[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Mike Mayron ]</p>
    -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

145.4db
    --- 3 10" Rockford Fosgate HX2's (sealed box)
    --- Rockford Fosgate bd1000a1
    --- A pair of comp. and coaxils and a RF 800a4
    --- 2 farad Cap
    --- Yellow top Optima
    That sums it up. I plan on re-doing most of it, so the subs and bd1000a1 will be for sale soon. MAJOR mods to come. Hope to be in the 150's.
    :D
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:
      145.4db
      --- 3 10" Rockford Fosgate HX2's (sealed box)
      --- Rockford Fosgate bd1000a1
      <hr></blockquote>

Nice score man.
      How much power are you pulling out of the amp at what impedence?
      Was that outlaw style?
      -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

96firebird......e-mail me (gus2816@aol.com) when u decide to sell that amp, i'm thinkin' about buying another bd1000a1
        <a href=\"http://members.aol.com/gus2816/images/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">R.I.P. 3.4</a><br /><i>97 SS 30th anniversary white with hugger stripes</i>

Comment

155.3 with 2 Jl audio 15w3's and an orion hcca 275g4 amp. It is in a sealed box, and legal. stinger 1 farad cap. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] :D
          94 Firebird 3.4L V6<br />-Limo tint on all windows<br />-2 10in kicker comps<br />-H4 conversion kit with super plasma bulbs(PIAA)<br />-NGK PLUGS-Tb-bypass<br />-Viper 550ESP Alarm<br />-Borla Cat-Back exhaust<p>-----------------<br />In the Next month:<br />-LS1 SWAP !!!!!!!!!

Comment

142.9db outlaw spl 0-150 class
            1-MTX 6000 SUB
            1-MTX 2150 AMP
            3-MTX 6000 Components
            1-1 Farad Cap
            All Streetwires wires

I could have made it louder, but after getting my a$$ kicked at USAC world finals I quit competing.
            98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceyRS:
              142.9db outlaw spl 0-150 class
              1-MTX 6000 SUB
              1-MTX 2150 AMP
              3-MTX 6000 Components
              1-1 Farad Cap
              All Streetwires wires

I could have made it louder, but after getting my a$$ kicked at USAC world finals I quit competing.
              <hr></blockquote>

How'd you have that amp wired up? From my recolection, it's a 75x2 amp and that speaker is a 4ohm single coil. That means eaither 75W pushing one speaker or 300W. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn the 8ohm version was like a 5000 or something like that.

Comment

Well i just completed my setup in my 96 RS It consists of 2 American bass 12 subs wired for 1.5 ohms with a american bass 1200d Amp on it Also installed is the MA Bass Line Driver and a alumapro 15 farad cap along with 4 gauge wire optima yellow top and 200 amp alternator Hopein to see what she will do in the compotion curcit this summer i know the car hits hard enough now to make the t-tops in my car rise if your lookin across the top of it also i'm gona run 2 power classes in USAC Stock Outlaw spl the other amp i have is a MTX 6500D wich i have set up with quick disconects for both amps so i can switch them out both in about 10 seconds and everyhting is conceled in the back storage area so there is nothin you see but my deck in the car when you look in the car oh and the subs are in a fiberglassed inclosure I should have pics soon for anyone that wants to see them just email me or do a post here and i'll be gettin back to you when i either get a meter in my car or hit my first show which is in May 18th of this year in Brookings South Dakota

tboesen@basec.net
                <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom2\" target=\"_blank\">White 96 RS t-tops Auto 3.08 gears</a><br />Check link for car and all mods<br />USACi Outlaw Spl and SQ competitor<br />Soon to come Batmans SC running 10 psi and PCM programing<br />99 Honda VFR Motorcyle 100.5hp@10,750RPM 1/4 11.14@122mph, 0-60 3.36sec, 0-100 7.92sec<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom\" target=\"_blank\">99 Dodge 2500 Cummins Quad cab 5 speed 325hp</a><br />Check link for all mods and pics

Comment

pushing 147-149 depending on how well my battery is working, i hit a 149.2 on a fresh optima(not mine) and the 147 was on my every day pos autozone battery
                  my system consists of 2 Digital Design 10" subs, a custom built enclosure, and a 1200W kenwood eXcelon 401M amp
                  R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mike Mayron:

Nice score man.
                    How much power are you pulling out of the amp at what impedence?
                    Was that outlaw style?
                    <hr></blockquote>
                    The birth sheet said 1182watts into 2ohms. That score is legal.
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

since there are never any competitions around here, anyone know where i could get it measured?
                      thanks
                      -Steve

Comment

How'd you have that amp wired up? From my recolection, it's a 75x2 amp and that speaker is a 4ohm single coil. That means eaither 75W pushing one speaker or 300W. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn the 8ohm version was like a 5000 or something like that.
                        <hr></blockquote>

It's ran at 4 ohms single coil, the amp is running something like 475 watts to that one speaker

Comment

Wow, good stuff there, camarobob where you at. Don't you got like crazy DB!?!
                          <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RiceyRS:

It's ran at 4 ohms single coil, the amp is running something like 475 watts to that one speaker
                            <hr></blockquote>

Then how did you compete in 0-150W class?

&gt;&gt;&gt;

Steve, just call around to audio shops closest to you and eventually you'll find one. Alot of shops have them, but keep it on the down low just so they don't get every numb nut w/ a walmart special coming in wanting to get it metered.

&gt;&gt;&gt;

96firebird311, are those the power HX2's? How do you have it wired up (that is, what impediance)?

Comment

Then how did you compete in 0-150W class?
                              <hr></blockquote>

The factory rating is 75x2 which equals 150 watts, aka cheater amp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X