No announcement yet.

Focal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well what do you look at statistically in speakers?
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Ok, first off...Bashing Best Buy and saying they ONLY have crap is just wrong. I will put my inexpensive Clarion 4 channel, running my pair of Cerwin Vega 6 1/2 Components against most anybody's. Vega is not crap by any means, and if you buy the 20 buck set of baffles (look like a top hat) for the Rockford 6 1/2 comps, they'll sound damn good too! If you haven't tried their stuff, don't bash it. Their Pioneer monitor is one of the finest pictures on the market right now (in-dash)....Who thinks Rockford is complete crap? I got news for ya, they aren't. Not their subs, and not their amps either. Please, easy on the bashing.

As far as listening to displays to decide what speakers you want, make sure the displays are the same. I have worked in several stereo shops, and there are tricks to make their displays sound better than the average car. For instance, they'll put their high end speakers ate your ear level, so they naturally sound luder, clearer, and just better. The cheaper ones they often put lower, so they sound dampened. Also they can put those baffles on the better ones to give them a MUCH better mid-bass response. Those again are the ones for like $20 that just make a small enclosure for your mids. Don't judge the speakers so much by the displays or in an employee car, they can easily be fixed to make a $30 speaker sound great! Food for thought.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I guess you dont do much audio competition and have not heard real quality then lol =)

There is a major difference between high end audio and best buy junk.

I hate RF their amps suck because they are not a high current amp and can not handle a 1 ohm load or less. Sure you can run them like that for a while but you loose a lot of sound quality and eventually will damage the power supply.

That is my opinion because i know good sound quality from bad sound quality. Baffels do not make it the level of high end audio. Sorry I have to disagree with you.

Comment

What mids or highs have you run at 1 ohm? and why? Where I come from that's nuts. we are talking about mids and highs, not subs and high current amps. Most mids/highs are about 4 ohm speakers. And if you run them with "high quality sound" that's stereo. So 4 ohms stereo...What amp there won't handle it? And yeah, working in that business for about 3 years, I know what I'm talking about. They cam make displays sound like whatever they want in shops. I agree you get what you pay for, but to say Best Buy's stuff is ALL crap, is way off. I love Focal, as much or more than most people and have sold it for years...But someone has to play the devil's advocate and show the other side here.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X