Focal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focal

I went to www.sounddomain.com and saw them for the first time they were more expensive then most brands are they truely that good? and also where could I hide an amp in our car? I want all this stuff to seem stock so theifs don't get tempted thanx.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Can't comment on the sound of Focals. I hear so many good things about them. I think I'm going to get a set for my Camaro soon.

As for hiding amps in f-bods, you have a few options depending on how "stealthy" you want the install. A great number of guys here have amps mounted on the rear wall of the trunk. Another great place would be the space where the spare tire is located. There's lots of room and it's completely hidden if you can sacrafice the spare.

Comment

The Focal Pplykevlars are GREAT components!! I've heard on displays and in other car, the mid and the tweet are matched perfectly with the crossover! Never heard them in a Camaro, but I've been eyeing those for a while now....

As for the amp mounting, you can actually mount the amp BEHIND the spare tire, if it's small enough. That way you can lock down the spare tire (master lock or something jurry-rigged), and the amp will basically be LOCKED behind the spare.
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I've demoed the Focal Polykevlar line also and that is one of my top two choices. It's narrowed down to the Focals or Diamond Audio Hex Series. I'm leaning a lot more towards the Diamonds but I havn't yet performed my final tests on the Focals. I'd say go to a shop in your area that sells Focal and demo them with a CD you listen to a lot. Also, be sure to check out Diamond Audio also. In the end though, choose what sounds best to you.

·George·

Comment

Focal's "low end" stuff is also pretty sweet. They have some entry level sets that still sound great! But be ready to power those high dollar polykevlars....They are power hungry, and deserve the power. But when you get that clean power running to them, they are NICE, and your sound stag can be set up very well with some kick panels or a baffle on the doors.

Just a random, yet along the same lines note: I have always believed that highs should get as much if not MORE power than your subs. They ened it to sound truely amazing, but you will love the sound.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Focal, Canton, MB-Quart Q series, Image Dynamics, A/D/S are just to name a few of the higher ended speakers.

Like quickv6 said, you don't want to spend $400+ for just mids/tweets and then give them crummy power. I know some of them run on 2 ohm loads so you could really give them a nice amount of watts. If I spent $400 on speakers (retail), I'd have to say atleast that much ore more ($400-600) for an amp for them. Just how the game goes.

They will sound amazing. Some of them though have their pro's and con's (some people think they have too much highs, too much midbass, not cross'ed over right) and they basicly are just opinions. You gotta buy speakers that your ears love and you like and not worry about the price of them.

High end amps, high end speakers (including subwoofers), good quality cables, and a nice head unit, and you got one hell of a system.

Chris

Comment

well today I went to bestbuy and I tested out the sony xplods with 3-way and they sounded damn good. i listened to them and a musician friend and he said they sound good so I think I might go after them.

Comment

I have 2 pair of the focal 165k's bought each set for about 300 bux

They are extremely high quality. Nothing at best buy will even compare to them. If your just trying to save money then ok but Focal's are one of the best components out there.

Comment

DO NOT buy anything from Best Buy. They carry crap, and rip you off. I would only buy online. I wouldn't buy anything 3-ways coaxials either. The 'midrange' driver on coaxials, if you can call it midrange, is so small it's basically just like having two tweeters. I don't know about your sound tastes, but 3-ways make my ears hurt. Don't take the cheap way out and get some $150 crap speakers from Best Buy. Spend $300 online for some HIGH quality stuff and you won't have to worry about door speakers for a long time.

There is a rule to car audio: You get what you pay for. If you buy something low quality the first time it's only wasted money becase later down the line you are gonna want that high quality stuff. Do it right the first time.

·George·

Comment

XPLOD???? WWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAA HHHAAA HAA HA HA.... OH! Whew! Stoppit man, that hurt! Man!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

ok well then if you had a budget of $600 for speakers and all. I have five speaker locations stock. What would you buy? I know it isn't much but this summer I am hoping to pull in 400 a paycheck that is everytwo weeks.

Comment

get two pair of focal 165k's seperates

You need a good amp to run them tho

Comment

Take my advice: You DO NOT need any rear speakers. All you need is a very good set of front component speakers. This saves A LOT of money and sounds better when installed properly. If you decide on this later make another post about mounting and we'll help you with that then.

You do not NEED to buy Focal's. These are very high quality though and are one of my top two choices. What you need to do though is go to car audio shops in your area and demo their top of the line 2-way components. Listen to as many different brands as possible, but make sure when you listen the EQ is always set to flat. Also, don't listen to their demo CD's. Take your favorite CD or something you're very familiar with and listen to that only. Since all speakers sound different, buy what sounds best to you. Once you pick a brand you can buy the top of the line for about $300. The other $300 should be enough to cover a very good amp and most installation accessories. Are you hoping to get a sub in that budget too? What's the fifth speaker?

If you REALLY need sound coming from the rear speakers then just buy a woofer and no tweeter for the rear. Turn the fade down on your rear speakers for a while and see if you get used to it, then imagine that with high quality stuff. If you still think you'll want rear speakers you might have to go up to $700.

Diamond Audio, Focal, ADS, Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Kicker, Polk Audio, MTX, MB Quart, Dynaudio, Cerwin Vega, and Eclipse are just some of the reputable brands.

·George·

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zlightning:
                            well today I went to bestbuy and I tested out the sony xplods with 3-way and they sounded damn good. i listened to them and a musician friend and he said they sound good so I think I might go after them.<hr></blockquote>

Make sure you know how you are going to install everything first.

Proper speaker placement is key, and I have never seen anyone successfully pull off a 3way system in an f-body (without making custom kick panels, witch is not easy)

As for hiding your stuff. Check out this guy setup.
                            http://members.sounddomain.com/whiterascal
                            Some people are against putting speakers in the factory locations upfront. But I had my Boston 6.5 pro's in enclosures by the kick panels, and they sounded better when I moved them to the doors.
                            <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

hmm .. i use lots of focal speakers in my car.... i love them ....i alse have diamond audio sub woofers .. i must say i have supreme sound quality ...
                              BEST BUY... ha... get some XPLODES and they will... lol
                              97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X