Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a head unit question

Hello,

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-835r which has 40x4 watts head unit on my system. My little cousin dropped my face plate and cracked it, also the thing has been acting funny. Anyways I found a really good deal on a Pioneer DEX-P78 to replace it and purchased that (still waiting for it's arrival) After researching the head unit a little more, I see that the wattage per channel isn't listed on the DEX-P78, instead it says Q-sound 4 volt preamps. I have a 200 w kenwood amp powering my speakers and a 400w amp powering my 12" kenwood woofer. I was just curious how much of a sound drop I can expect since I guess the head unit doesn't have a chip in it...or am I wrong? Can someone shed some light...I'm not the brightest car audio person :)

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdSlickG94 ]</p>
    1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Anybody?
    1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Comment

If you already have amps powering every speaker in the car, the sound will not change much at all if any. Am I getting that right, that you aren't using deck power? If not, your amps haven't changed, they will push tthose speakers the same. Now if you moved from a 2.5V output to that 4V output, you'll hear improvements. Most decks that say 4V really give about 2.7V.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I already have my head unit running through the amps. I was just concerned that since the one I currently have puts out 40 watts on it's own, the new one is passive I believe it just has 4v outs. So in other words I'm not really using the 40 watts right now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          2 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X