Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a head unit question

Hello,

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-835r which has 40x4 watts head unit on my system. My little cousin dropped my face plate and cracked it, also the thing has been acting funny. Anyways I found a really good deal on a Pioneer DEX-P78 to replace it and purchased that (still waiting for it's arrival) After researching the head unit a little more, I see that the wattage per channel isn't listed on the DEX-P78, instead it says Q-sound 4 volt preamps. I have a 200 w kenwood amp powering my speakers and a 400w amp powering my 12" kenwood woofer. I was just curious how much of a sound drop I can expect since I guess the head unit doesn't have a chip in it...or am I wrong? Can someone shed some light...I'm not the brightest car audio person :)

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdSlickG94 ]</p>
    1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Anybody?
    1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula All Black,red 30th anniversary T/A style racing stripes tinted windows, tailight blackouts, Firehawk-style foglamps Flowmaster exhaust, Moroso Cold Air, leather interior, and my favorite, Ttops<p>1994 3.4 cutom red/black painted firebird,<br />k&n filtercharger, dual outlet exhaust, firehawk-style<br />foglamps, 2000 T/A take off wheels<br />(Finally sold the girl)

Comment

If you already have amps powering every speaker in the car, the sound will not change much at all if any. Am I getting that right, that you aren't using deck power? If not, your amps haven't changed, they will push tthose speakers the same. Now if you moved from a 2.5V output to that 4V output, you'll hear improvements. Most decks that say 4V really give about 2.7V.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I already have my head unit running through the amps. I was just concerned that since the one I currently have puts out 40 watts on it's own, the new one is passive I believe it just has 4v outs. So in other words I'm not really using the 40 watts right now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X