Both factory subs blew, what to replace with? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both factory subs blew, what to replace with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both factory subs blew, what to replace with?

See topic [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't want to buy an extra amp or anything though. If thats possible. Thanks!
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

stock?...or...they're called "mid-bass subs" I believe...most are much better than stock...I personally would replace them with 6" bazooka speakers...not the whole tube just the speaker...almost did it then I went and bought a 10" tube...I think the speakers are like 70$ a peice which compared to the other speakers I saw was cheap...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Dood JL AUDIO makes 6'' subs they sound and hit wonderfully! Try to find em I think they run like 120 a peice!

Comment

I can't seem to find any links to that size of sub anywhere? I found a 6" at jlaudio.com but I think its the one that has to be ported or something? Sorry , I don't know what I'm doing with stero stuff. Can anyone please help me out? I don't want to spend too much, as I don't worry about the sound system too much. My car has 2 speakers in the front, 2 "subs" in the middle and 2 more speakers in the back. It doesn't have any tweeters or anything installed in teh rear ( there is a hole there for something, figured that's what it was for ) I want something I can just plug in tho! Thanks!
        RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

RAXXUS Check out www.crutchfield.com. They ain't the cheapest but they have stuff in stock and will ship next day 24/7.

Comment

Kicker does as well.... RMB6 is the model number I think. About $120/pair I think.....
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X