No announcement yet.

New Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7893 Pushes 10 more watts RMS to 4 channels then the 7892 (or so Alpine says) you wont really notice a difference. Also I think the 7892 only has 1 or 2 sets of RCA outputs; the 7893 has 3. I don't know too much about the differences, but I know judging by looks alone, the 7893 wins, the blue and silver looks tight in any car.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Now how do I make the H/U look good in out 1.5 dim is there a flush mounting kit out there. Also is the install easy or should I have someone else do it. Thanks for the help <hr></blockquote>

I think they might make a kit for it, I dont know, I made my own, just get a piece of plastic and a dremel; also you'll need to bend back the little metal tabs, its pretty easy but on the same token it might be worth it to pay someone $20 and save yourself the trouble. Flush mounted 1 din decks in a 1.5din bay is the way to go.

If you want check out my car and see what the 7893 looks like flushed http://www.sounddomain.com/id/rsfiredogg
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

That is good looking, 96firebird311 do you remember where you got the flush mounting kit at?

Thanks

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: pitpens ]</p>
      2002 Black Camaro, A4. 3.42,ASR K&N<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=320614&page=2\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=320614&page=2</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSFireDog:
        The 7893 Pushes 10 more watts RMS to 4 channels then the 7892 (or so Alpine says) you wont really notice a difference. Also I think the 7892 only has 1 or 2 sets of RCA outputs; the 7893 has 3. I don't know too much about the differences, but I know judging by looks alone, the 7893 wins, the blue and silver looks tight in any car.
        <hr></blockquote>

Not true!~ The Alpine CDA-7892 has 3 preamp outlets 2 volt front/rear and 4 volt sub outlets just like the 7893 as for the RMS the Alpine CDA-7892 is rated at 21 watts RMS while the CDA-7893 is rated at 27 watts RMS.

Comment

I stand corrected. The only difference in the two is the internal amp and the color.

Blue is worth it.
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Have you seen the 2003 catalog from Alpine?: GODDAMN IT! They make me mad I JUST BOUGHT THE ALPINE CDA-7892 two days ago AND NOW THEY COME OUT WITH IT!!??!? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] :mad: :mad: [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MTMike:

I hate to tell you this, but Crunch = CRAP. I've owned an "800"WattX2 @4ohms channel (400 per channel) Crunch amp and it sounded alright, but buy no means breathtaking. It only had a 40 amp fuse... that should tell you something to start with. The crunch was also rated at 1600(800x2)@2 ohms So if you reverse the math.. 38 amps (less than 40 to not blow the fuse) * 13.8 = 524 absolute peak watts on an amp rated at "1600".

Next, when I decided to go with a better amp, I replaced the amp with a Rockford Fosgate Punch Power 500a2. "1100" less watts (and comes with a 50 amp fuse), and it cost over 3 times as much as the crunch. Ironicaly, it hits just about 3 times as hard as the Crunch did with the exact same subs. But that's not all..... The Rockford is rated at 500x2 (250 per channel) at 2 ohms.. I'm running 4 ohm subs, so I'm only pushing 125 per channel. And it still hits MUCH MUCH harder than the Crunch did at "400" @ 4 ohms per channel. So I'm feeding the subs just under 1/4 the rated power as the crunch and it's still hitting 2 - 3 times as hard. In my opinion that makes the punch 8-12 TIMES better than the Crunch.

This is all with the subs & wiring remaning constant with 2 Pioneer 4ohm 12's in a small sealed box, with 4awg wire.

-Mike
              <hr></blockquote>

OK Old crunch(Drive series which I have, Drive series V600)is good. Newer crunch is crap, newest Crunch better, but not as good as old Crunch. Now that I think about it I remember hearing that the Drive line was the only good line from Crunch. My amp is 600RMSx2 4ohm stereo. It is capable of 1000RMS 1ohm mono. Mine also has a 60 amps if I remember correctly. Just ask Fusion if my stereo sounds like crap [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

OK Old crunch(Drive series which I have, Drive series V600)is good. Newer crunch is crap, newest Crunch better, but not as good as old Crunch. Now that I think about it I remember hearing that the Drive line was the only good line from Crunch. My amp is 600RMSx2 4ohm stereo. It is capable of 1000RMS 1ohm mono. Mine also has a 60 amps if I remember correctly. Just ask Fusion if my stereo sounds like crap [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, his sound system sounds really good! It hits dang hard!
                [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Plus you need a new head unit, because the stock one one power the things you need. And it don't have a special output on it!
                  Derek <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dmiller_2005\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Metallic Silver Camaro</a><br />35th Anniversary

Comment

How about the Sub what is the difference between the TYPE E, TYPE S, and the TYPE R. Sorry for all the questions I am really new at the car audio thing. I put a Pioneer H/U in my last car with a Pyramid amp and 2 8" Pyle subs, It sounded like poop. Anyway Thnaks for all the help.
                    2002 Black Camaro, A4. 3.42,ASR K&N<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=320614&page=2\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=320614&page=2</a>

Comment

Type E = low quality
                      Type S = middle quality
                      Type R = high quality

Go to www.alpine1.com and look at the specs for each, you will see what I mean.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X