No announcement yet.

Draw on the Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 24 hours and still starting up , going to try 2 days.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's awesome Steve. Good to know things are working out.

Comment

Let it sit for 2 days, wouldn’t start, hit the on button on the remote and it started right up. My stereo even had the time and my settings. I’d recommend it , if you have battery problems. Here’s the one I got.

https://a.co/d/3LKA2lE
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Picture of install please.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            Picture of install please.
            I’ll get a picture today Robert, it just goes on a top mount battery on the negative side then just install you original negative on the other post , then just run the red wire to the positive post. That’s it. Before I bought this one, I tried a cheaper one off EBay , didn’t work right so they refunded my money. It didn’t have the cutoff at 11.9 volts either. So pretty glad I came across this one.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 03-09-2024, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Here’s some pictures, one of these days I’ll clean up my wiring.

Comment

Forgot - you moved your battery to the trunk. I still have the factory type side post.

Raven

Comment

Forgot - you moved your battery to the trunk. I still have the factory type side post.
                  Yes, but you still can fit a top post battery up front, I had the yellow top Optima battery up there. I also think they have the top post terminals for the side post battery. So you could hook it up. It’s on the negative post so don’t really have to worry about sparking anything. I’ll search around for you on the posts. Next time you replace the battery get one with top and side posts comes in handy.

Comment

something like this then just get another negative terminal to attach the original negative cable to the new battery post. I like the posts with the stud on

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...able/497929686
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 03-09-2024, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I actually have a set - on my spare battery for charging.

Raven

Comment

Amazon has 3 units that all look the same but different brands??

Raven

Comment

Amazon has 3 units that all look the same but different brands??

I posted the link to the one I got, it’s the Matel one.

Comment

Did you see the other brands of the same unit? If so, why did you get the matell?

Raven

Comment

Did you see the other brands of the same unit? If so, why did you get the matell?

Didn’t check out the others, I had bought one on EBay and it didn’t work, also it didn’t have the cutoff at 11.9 volts. I’m happy with the Matell .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X