Camaro Driving Lights replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camaro Driving Lights replacement

30 minutes with a double beer break...you shoulda changed the headlight on my 1995 dodge neon...apparently you need to take the fender off those cars...or permantly remove half the clips and half the skin on your hands...THAT was a 20 minute affair to change 1 light bulb...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      30 minutes with a double beer break...you shoulda changed the headlight on my 1995 dodge neon...apparently you need to take the fender off those cars...or permantly remove half the clips and half the skin on your hands...THAT was a 20 minute affair to change 1 light bulb...
      Yeah I agree, recently my brother asked for my help in changing his buld on his Altima. I laughed because it was a no brainer, but when he brought to me I discovered that I have to drop the bumper just to access it.

Comment

Yup, believe me, you should thank gm for their design...be thankful it takes 2 minutes to swap a belt on your motor...95% of cars you cringe just looking at the space you have to work with.

Literally everything on our cars is very accessible...especially when you compare the same task to most other cars.

Hell, even changing out the routine maintenance stuff like alt, timing chain, coil packs, battery is a joke on this car...shop wants 600$ to change the timing chain on my buddies VW...It's less than an hour on our car...

People that complain about this stuff obviously haven't wrenched on other cars...it's like the people who continually ask me why I don't sell my car due to the amount of stuff I broke while modding/racing and just buy something faster...really? Because even if I bought a porsche or other performance car, I'm still going to mod it, and power is still going to break the weakest link....every single car on the market has it's twirks...NO car is exempt.

Hell...if you ever get some time and wanna have fun...go through the wiring of a rolls royce...you'll get a good laugh...apparently those guys only had two colours of wire when they make those vehicles...black and white....have fun fixing an electrical problem with that one....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Wiring is easy. I'd honestly rather have just a few colors on a harness than the 50+ they use with tracers on them. A toner is GOOD to have, seeing as most times the colors have faded and the tracer with it.
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X