Tranny PCM Retune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny PCM Retune

Why does the PCM have to be retuned if you swap the A4 to the M5?

Re: Tranny PCM Retune

because the computer will still think you have an auto trans and throw a million codes, also your speedo will be wayyyyyy off

Already anwsered by Meatyshells up top to the same question, but I'll add to this also since I have swapped trannys M5 to A4, the timing and fuel tables are different and will run like crap. Plus the tons of codes, this should answer why the computer needs to be reflashed or have the correct PCM for the tranny.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So if I can find a 3.8 5spd PCM can I just swap them?

Comment

Correct, make sure it has your year vehicle and gear ratio though, or your speedo will be off.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am going to be doing a Posi w3.73 eventually so the speedo being off because of gearing isnt really going to matter. Is it possible to have the PCM tuned to the new gearing when I do get the posi?

Comment

You'll have to get a 97' PCM , might look at PCM4less and get a PCM and have them program the gears for ya you'll have to give them your tire diameter and gear ratio then they can program it correctly, and some small stuff like fans ETC they can tune too.

Comment

My car is a 96 though, not a 97. Or does it not matter?

Comment

holy ****, the 96 PCM from them is 225 plus shipping, but the 97+ id 150 plus shipping, why such a huge difference between the two?

Comment

Read the stickey on 96-97 pcms in the PCMS & SENSORS section.

Comment

ahhh, alright. At least now I know I can save 75 bucks. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X