hard 1-2 upshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard 1-2 upshift

my car has been upshifting hard from 1-2 for a while it doesnt do it often only on long trips. i did research and i know its the valve body but my question is what part exactly do i need to buy all the link i found where outdated and some people say that you can fix it with a shift kit others say that i need to replace. can anyone help me out on here that has done this before.

Re: hard 1-2 upshift

anyone

Comment

Shift Kit should do it. If you don't want a shift kit you can buy a $20 dollar valve that should also fix it.

www.4l60-e.com Scroll about halfway down the page (this website sucks) its right above the pictures of the PATC shirts they sell. Part #1870V. This is the $20 dollar part you will need to fix this.

Comment

i was thinking about buying this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SC-4L...Q5fAccessories

is this for a full rebuilt of the tranny?

Comment

any help sure appreciatedd

Comment

Nope that is not a whole rebuild kit by my understanding. And why buy that instead of a shift kit for some more pep :rock: and still cheaper than that kit. Or the part I told you about for $20 bucks...cheaper yet.

Comment

It sounds like you are having a common problem with a transmision control valve. Try this:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95365&page=2
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I thought I was looking a a complete new tranny also, and it turned out to be this little $22 part.

Comment

I'd send you more info, but I can't figure out what your email is.

(Just kidding).

Comment

aa come on now hahahahahaha i just replied to another threat you posted to, so that 22 dolar piece fix the 1-2 hard shift and cleared the code? another question did u add a shift kit also?

Comment

Originally posted by michael454rs@hotmail.com View Post
                      aa come on now hahahahahaha i just replied to another threat you posted to, so that 22 dolar piece fix the 1-2 hard shift and cleared the code? another question did u add a shift kit also?
                      No shift kit. At 171,000 miles, I'm done adding mods to my car. All I'm doing now is maintaining her. I hope to use the Firebird as a daily drive for another 1-2 years until we can get my wife's car paid off - we'll see if that is possible. The Firebird is a great car, but I know at some point I'll have to get a new daily driver.

Comment

sounds good bro im buy that valve and give it a shot i read somewheres it would be a good idea to add a shift kit, what exactly does the kit do?

Comment

A shift kit makes the car drive like a sports car instead of a grandma car.

I have the Transgo HD2 kit. It changes the way the transmission shifts along with line pressures to make it a firmer and quicker shift. The 1-2 shift is AMAZING with this kit. I could not go back to a stock 4L60E transmission. Also the 2-3 shift is pretty firm too. Along with helping these shifts it also is supposed to ease going into reverse and quicken it and a few other things.

Mainly a sportier shift though. I love it.

Comment

sounds good but i doesnt shift all hard like its doing right now would it?

Comment

No, not like it is now. It is firmer and quicker, but smoother than what it is now.

Also You have the choice of 1 to 3 spacers to put in a collector (maybe called something else) which affects the 1-2 shift. I put 2 spacers and if you are WOT its a really snappy shift. Like warn your girlfriend snappy. But if you want more or less go with 1 or 3....

It's kinda hard to describe how much more fun an automatic car is with a shift kit. If you know anybody that has a shift kit in their car, see if you can get to drive it, then make your decision.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X