Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delayed shifting out of first

should be this one.
    Last edited by bigbrian442; 01-26-2012, 07:24 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

The thing with the
      Button was upside down. We pulled it back as far as it can go and it didn't change the way it is shifting high out of first...it sat for 7 months after it broke down before I bought it. The woman who owned it said it was shifting fine before it broke down. I am wondering if something internally is stuck???
      Last edited by robinpugs06; 07-11-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

If adjusting the TV cable did not help then it is most likely something internal. You may be able to go through the valve body and free up any stuck valves from sitting. 700R4 valve bodies are not the easiest to rebuild.
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't even know where to begin to try and do that. If I can sell my other car I will take it in to a tranny place to try and have them diagnose it

Comment

The links said to have it pulled as close to the firewall as possible for sooner shifting...well it didn't do that on mine - it wouldn't shift out of first at all...it is now shifting out of first at 3000 rpms if I take off normally...it was at 4000 rpms when I first bought it...still about 1000 rpms too high

Comment

You may need to play with it to get it where you want it. If a valve in the valve body is stuck, it might be trying to free up now.
              sigpic

Comment

I am hoping...but I don't seem to be having much luck with vehicles lately

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X