Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Posi Traction

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
    You know... I was at the U Pull yard looking for a posi. I saw 4th gens with the codes in the glove box, on the door AND in the console between seats. I might not know everything, but I was pretty sure that the codes are in the box sometimes. Some of the cars I saw had been color change repainted, so no door codes anymore.
    Please note: no :bs:. My info was correct, I don't know why GM was ****ing around with code locations, BUT I saw them in person. I can provide pics to back up my statement. I am not an F body expert as some claim to be, but I do know what I post is not BS.
    When are you going to correct the rest of your bad info?
    sigpic

Comment

Nice sig brian. I think I see a handprint. :stp:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

do the z28 come with an lsd also?

i noticed the handprint too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
          do the z28 come with an lsd also?

i noticed the handprint too lol
          If I'm wrong, then someone can say No.. But I'm pretty sure all z28's came with a lsd.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
            Nice sig brian. I think I see a handprint. :stp:

Thanks. I Like my LS6 on the engine stand better.

The smudge might just be the lights in the lot. Some of the other angles look like I have dents from the way the lights were reflecting off the car.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
              Thanks. I Like my LS6 on the engine stand better.

The smudge might just be the lights in the lot. Some of the other angles look like I have dents from the way the lights were reflecting off the car.
              Yeah before, you even said that I was pretty sure it was a reflection.

At least from other angles they only look like dents. From certain angles on my black car, they are dents.

Either way, I suppose you pulled the purple off. That's an accomplishment.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                Yeah before, you even said that I was pretty sure it was a reflection.

At least from other angles they only look like dents. From certain angles on my black car, they are dents.

Either way, I suppose you pulled the purple off. That's an accomplishment.

I get allot of compliments on the color at the track. Mostly from Girlfriends of other guys there and the track announcer every time I pull up to make a run. The boyfriends always ask " why purple".? I want to tell them "You can't tell? Why don't you wipe all the smudges off my car now from your girlfriend rubbing herself all over it."

I guess you can consider this thread hijacked!
                sigpic

Comment

I get allot of compliments on the color at the track. Mostly from Girlfriends of other guys there and the track announcer every time I pull up to make a run. The boyfriends always ask " why purple".? I want to tell them "You can't tell? Why don't you wipe all the smudges off my car now from your girlfriend rubbing herself all over it."

lmao, that's great. A p-magnet squared.

blah, this thread wasn't going anywhere. I think. I dunno I never read the beginning.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

So where's the conversion thread? Or even a thread with pics of your bird? Don't think I've seen any pics of it other than your avatar/sig. Shame with that rare color and all.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      So where's the conversion thread? Or even a thread with pics of your bird? Don't think I've seen any pics of it other than your avatar/sig. Shame with that rare color and all.
                      Yeahhh x2 man, I definitely want to see this.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                        Conversion is still on the engine stand. I'm only doing it when I have all the parts that I want. I have enough to do a bone stock LS6 with headers in the car now, but I wouldn't be happy with stock. I doubt I'll do a thread when I do it, I haven't made posts about anything I've done to it. No thread of pics because It doesn't matter to me what others think of it. Never really set out to take decent pics of it. The one in my avatar the track photographer at Capital Raceway took and I just happened to like (wouldn't sell a digital copy of it.....so that's a scan of a print). The car in my sig was one night I got bored and went for a ride. More of those are here http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/bigbrian442/ If your inclined to look.
                        sigpic

Comment

When are you going to correct the rest of your bad info?
                          Uh, like what?

Comment

Correct your bad info.

RPO codes are on the drivers door of a 4th gen F body, not in the glove box.

In 1988 1/2 GM changed the axle spine count on the 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 10 bolt rears from 26 to 28 splines. So there in no interchange other than the ring and pinion between the two spline counts.

93 to 98 F cars that came with a posi from the factory had Auburn units. While 99 and up cars came with a Zexel-Torsen unit. The GM auburn unit is the same standard Auburn unit sold by the speed shops. Auburn also makes a stronger after market only Pro series unit with larger spider and axle gears.

The Gov loc posi units mostly came in trucks and SUV's and should be avoided because they are much weaker then the others. The trucks and SUV's rears on the other hand also came with 3:42, 3:73 and 4:10 gears. So if you get the whole package cheap it would be worth it.
                            Did you read?
                            sigpic

Comment

I was more interested in the steps it might take to do the swap.. But I know what it's like when you're working. I personally don't like to stop, even if it is to just take some pics.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X