Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• done with my conversion!

finished tonight, but still have a few questions:

my car seems to be slower(low end wise, its awesome after like 3k rpms), idk if im not having used to having a clutch or what. guess it could be the pcm also. not a huge loss of power, but yeah idk. my speedo isnt working either so it doesnt help any.

its still kinda hard to shift into first sometimes - maybe some air still in the lines?

downshifting is kinda hard and will sometimes knock the shifter out of gear

turn signals dont work anymore

have to manually turn on lights now, i know they dont come on with the ebrake on, but when i take it off they still dont come on and i have to turn the knob
    Last edited by mestupryan; 01-22-2008, 11:13 PM.
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: done with my conversion!

how do you like all that chest hair you grew?

Comment

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo
      how do you like all that chest hair you grew?

hahaha, oh its nice
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Did you check or change the oil in the trans you put in?

The automatic let the RPM rise faster down low because the converter slips and multiples torque.

Did you plug in the VSS on the tail shaft of the transmission?

The daytime running light module is behind the radio, you might have knocked one of the plugs on it lose.
        sigpic

Comment

your stops on your shifter may be set bad, thats why its coming out of gear.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442
            Did you check or change the oil in the trans you put in?

The automatic let the RPM rise faster down low because the converter slips and multiples torque.

Did you plug in the VSS on the tail shaft of the transmission?

The daytime running light module is behind the radio, you might have knocked one of the plugs on it lose.
            i put in new ATF. didnt measure exactly, but i put 3 quart bottles, then about another half of one. had to be around 3.4 quarts.

yeah i plugged the VSS in, but i probably switched the wires up when i was making the extension.
            1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              your stops on your shifter may be set bad, thats why its coming out of gear.

already checked that, but ill double check
              1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

For your speedo, you need to take your 99' VSS sensor out of your old A4 and put in the 00' M5.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                  For your speedo, you need to take your 99' VSS sensor out of your old A4 and put in the 00' M5.
                  ohhhh
                  1999 v6 Camaro M5

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X