Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tranny going...

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
    yeahhhh i don't understand half the **** u just said, but i already know its not a 4L60E, in fact it's actually a 4L60. And i already know what the shift kits do, i was just wondering if it could help at all at this point.
    TH700, TH700R4 and 4L60 are the same. 4L60E incorpores a new "electronic" valve body.

Comment

i swear by Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by HaroZC
        TH700, TH700R4 and 4L60 are the same. 4L60E incorpores a new "electronic" valve body.

yeah i know, its pcm controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by greasemonkey
          i swear by Lucas.

lucas has a tranny additive i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
            lucas has a tranny additive i assume?
            be careful with lucas additives, it has been known to bubble up and ruin transmissions/rear ends

Comment

ok for the guy saying to change the fluid because it will make it work better you need to go research your sh**. i am ase certified in automatic transmissons and i know for a fact that if you remove the old fluid you will in fact shorten the life of that transmission dramatically. however you can drop just the pan. and change the filter if applicablebecause instead of replacing like 13 quarts you only replace like 4 or 5 and yes i swear by lucas too so when you top off the tranny afterward you should add a lucas additivfe. they sell at oreilleys but that will be the only way to help. a shift kit will make it shift better but it will in fact hurt the transmission because it is in a weakened state and therefore still dramatically reduce the life
              cant wait till my lt1 and nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro9407
                ok for the guy saying to change the fluid because it will make it work better you need to go research your sh**. i am ase certified in automatic transmissons and i know for a fact that if you remove the old fluid you will in fact shorten the life of that transmission dramatically. however you can drop just the pan. and change the filter if applicablebecause instead of replacing like 13 quarts you only replace like 4 or 5 and yes i swear by lucas too so when you top off the tranny afterward you should add a lucas additivfe. they sell at oreilleys but that will be the only way to help. a shift kit will make it shift better but it will in fact hurt the transmission because it is in a weakened state and therefore still dramatically reduce the life
                100% agreed

Comment

:slap: :twak: Dang, I felt that all the way over here!
                  2002 Navy Blue Metallic Blue Firebird A4
                  Pure stock (Hey, just bought it 11/07)

Comment

this is true.. nobody seems to understand that though.

i would NEVER recommend a transmission fluid change after 90k miles

people dont seem to understand that DIRT fills up the wear spaces, when you clean the dirt out, guess what happens, the transmission can WEAR faster.

same with seafoam, it cleans the dirt out of your engine, which then gives you metal to metal contact, and guess what.. wear.

if this wernt the case, then why is engine break in so important?

Comment

ok then, since the fluid is now changed, i'm guessing all i can do is add an additive then?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                        convert it to a manual :D

x2 :banana:

just dont break a crankshaft bolt :tdown:
                        1999 v6 Camaro M5
                        Automatic to Manual converted
                        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X