4.10s in a 5 speed 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4.10s in a 5 speed 3.8?

I guess you have to ask" how often do I plan on driving over 105 mph"? Most people never do.
    Seems I only do it to log Knock retard in 3rd gear, being that the car traps under 90 mph. But then since I have W rated tires I removed my speed limiter. Just changing from the stock 235/55/16 to the 275/40/17 throws the speedometer off a few MPH. Having the speedometer re calibrated should be done , but doesn't need to be done. You could find someone on this board that has HP tuners to do the changes for your gears.

Brian
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088
      Okay so I have 3.23s and a 5 speed with 235/45/17 tires. And going to 3.73s is going to put my speedo about 10mph off?
      why does it matter how far it will be off? its going to be off so you should probably get it tuned and fixed.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
        why does it matter how far it will be off? its going to be off so you should probably get it tuned and fixed.
        Because it appears to me that hptuners is the only way to get it corrected for a 97? And when I go on their websites I get lost reading about all these credits you buy and all that. I have no idea how I would figure out how to use it.

Comment

Hp tuners comes with enough credits to tune your car. You can tune up to 4 cars before you even have to worry about credits.

Brian
          sigpic

Comment

It will be off way more than 5%. I have 3.73's and am running 245/50-16 tires and mine reads about 15% fast. GPS says I'm doing 80ish when the speedometer shows ~93. With the speed limiter removed, your car should max out at about 155MPH.
            Last edited by RadRacer; 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM.
            ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
            A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemaro
              Why are you worried about the speedo being of. Get it tuned and problem solved. Sans-tuning, your teacher might be right. You'll top at 90 'cause the car will think it's going 118.
              Good point. With the speed limiter off youll top out at around 145 with 3.73 gear.

Comment

One thing noone has mentioned is that your cruise control will stop working.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                  One thing noone has mentioned is that your cruise control will stop working.
                  Mine's still fully functional

Comment

Okay, but how the hell do you use these HP tuners...I have no idea how I'd figure out how to use that on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                      Mine's still fully functional
                      You got lucky. mine stopped working.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2088
                        Okay, but how the hell do you use these HP tuners...I have no idea how I'd figure out how to use that on my car.
                        Plug your computer into the diagnostic port, then put the car into the run position. When you open HPTuners, go over to the Speedo tab. Click that, then click on the Speedometer tab. Divide the diameter of the tire by the ring gear ratio, and enter that new number into the "New" box. Click the "Commit" box, then go up to the "Flash" tab on the top bar. Then, go down and click on the "Write Calibration Only" button

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X