clutch problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem?

i was creeping the 00 up my friends driveway to drop him off (only laying off the cluth). a nasty loud noise appeared and the car was struggling a lil more than usual up that steep driveway. when i was driving home anytime i went below 2k rpm that noise would come up.

i think it may be the clutch because before dropping off my friend, i got into a battle with a tiburon and a s40. i DC 5-4-3 to catch up to them after highbeaming each one until they understood i wanted to race them both. we cruised at 50mph. on the 2nd honk i decided to DC to 2nd, but i reved a lil under than what i was supposed to (not the 1st time), and when we took off, my SES light blinked for a few seconds then stopped. after the race we saw a cop up ahead, so i got off the nxt exit into a gas station, (my friend and i need to use the restroom) and left the car running. when we left, everything seemed normal. then i dropped him off and thats when the noise 1st happend

any ideas what it could be?

Re: clutch problem?

is the car louder? is she running the same? more slugish? might have blown out the cat.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

nothing seems wrong above 2k rpm.i drove to work this morning (less than a 5 min drive) and the sound that is made is an inconsistant griding sound. it def. does not sound like gear grinding, its much louder and diffrent sound. from a complete stop, in 1st rear, and i start to lay off the clutch, it does not have that same pull the car normally has. after work, i will be going to ikea with my friend ( a good 20 mile drive + few lights/stops) i'll take my camara and record that way you can get a better idea of what im try to describe (forgot my camera did that c(=)

Comment

so wen i went out to lunch, i thought about what you said, and in the lot, i kept the car in nuteral and lightly reved it, i could hear that noise. when i was driving, and paid attention to the noise, the sound was sort of familar to a small grindy sound my 3.4 makes, so i think you may be right. i tried pushing the car a lil hard, and it did seem a bit slugish.

Comment

def. sounds like a clutch problem, i used to do a lot of what your doing

b4 my first clutch went out, i lost my second gear bark, and it was slower than usual, even after an oil change and i couldnt figure out why... i got the new one installed and after 500 miles i floored it and about got sideways in second ( this helps if u hav posi btw )

clutches can make or break ur car

Comment

how many miles do you have on your car? the stock clutch is good for a pretty long time

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

103k. yesterday, i asked one of my friends, and he said it sounded like it could possibly be something in my exhaust, maybe just something loose.

Comment

yeah i have heard stories that the stock cluch lasting really really long time, so i really dont think it's your clutch

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

my stock clutch lasted 155k... who knows how long the new one will last, even if it will

Comment

i am uploading the clips, but the are taking forever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X