clutch problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem?

i was creeping the 00 up my friends driveway to drop him off (only laying off the cluth). a nasty loud noise appeared and the car was struggling a lil more than usual up that steep driveway. when i was driving home anytime i went below 2k rpm that noise would come up.

i think it may be the clutch because before dropping off my friend, i got into a battle with a tiburon and a s40. i DC 5-4-3 to catch up to them after highbeaming each one until they understood i wanted to race them both. we cruised at 50mph. on the 2nd honk i decided to DC to 2nd, but i reved a lil under than what i was supposed to (not the 1st time), and when we took off, my SES light blinked for a few seconds then stopped. after the race we saw a cop up ahead, so i got off the nxt exit into a gas station, (my friend and i need to use the restroom) and left the car running. when we left, everything seemed normal. then i dropped him off and thats when the noise 1st happend

any ideas what it could be?

Re: clutch problem?

is the car louder? is she running the same? more slugish? might have blown out the cat.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

nothing seems wrong above 2k rpm.i drove to work this morning (less than a 5 min drive) and the sound that is made is an inconsistant griding sound. it def. does not sound like gear grinding, its much louder and diffrent sound. from a complete stop, in 1st rear, and i start to lay off the clutch, it does not have that same pull the car normally has. after work, i will be going to ikea with my friend ( a good 20 mile drive + few lights/stops) i'll take my camara and record that way you can get a better idea of what im try to describe (forgot my camera did that c(=)

Comment

so wen i went out to lunch, i thought about what you said, and in the lot, i kept the car in nuteral and lightly reved it, i could hear that noise. when i was driving, and paid attention to the noise, the sound was sort of familar to a small grindy sound my 3.4 makes, so i think you may be right. i tried pushing the car a lil hard, and it did seem a bit slugish.

Comment

def. sounds like a clutch problem, i used to do a lot of what your doing

b4 my first clutch went out, i lost my second gear bark, and it was slower than usual, even after an oil change and i couldnt figure out why... i got the new one installed and after 500 miles i floored it and about got sideways in second ( this helps if u hav posi btw )

clutches can make or break ur car

Comment

how many miles do you have on your car? the stock clutch is good for a pretty long time

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

103k. yesterday, i asked one of my friends, and he said it sounded like it could possibly be something in my exhaust, maybe just something loose.

Comment

yeah i have heard stories that the stock cluch lasting really really long time, so i really dont think it's your clutch

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

my stock clutch lasted 155k... who knows how long the new one will last, even if it will

Comment

i am uploading the clips, but the are taking forever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X