1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
    for my m5 98+ m5 car, would i need a 98+ auto cross member?
    Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Lounge Moderator

Comment

why swap them out? I just don't know the benefits from lack of knowledge. Just curious.

Comment

i have a poly trany mount i just got and it wont fit because mine has the dip in it

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4 View Post
          why swap them out? I just don't know the benefits from lack of knowledge. Just curious.
          one has a dip (your stock one) and one doesn't...so you can either use an *** load of washers to build up the mount so that it aligns your trans properly rather that on an angle...or you can get the straight cross member and be done with it.

Personally I think a straight cross member is better then stacking up washers...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

The other thing is with a stack of washers, all the weight is on that small area of washers, whereas on the straight cross member, the weight is distributed more evenly across the rubber body of the mount.

But I think he was asked what the advantage of the hard rubber mount is. The V6 hydraulic mount is prone to breaking, especially under any kind of performance driving. The Z28 hard rubber or poly mounts are much stronger and won't break down so fast.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ya my stock mount sags about 1 inch its so rotted, when i jack the tranny up the mount actually has to decompress, looks like a 600pound womans *** coming off of a chair

Comment

ahh I see, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

for my m5 98+ m5 car, would i need a 98+ auto cross member?

If you had read the whole thread -

Originally posted by IDoVoodoo View Post
                  This does NOT work for 98+ cars! The auto V8 crossmember will NOT bolt up to a manual V6 car.
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                    If you had read the whole thread -
                    Yes, I remember when I should of read the sticky fully before i tried to install a LT1 A4 trans crossmember in mine , now I have a extra A4 LT1 crossmember sitting around. LOL Mine was a M5 and I converted to a A4 but still doesn't work. But Igora's write up on installing poly trans mount work s great and levels out the driveshaft. The poly mount rides great so far for 4 years.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ill just make my own damn bracket

Comment

ill just make my own damn bracket
                        Why when all you need is 2 rubber endlinks and thats it, problem solved and rides even smoother. Or like when I redo mine I'm using poly endlinks so I don't have to worry about them cracking over time. Although after 4 years they still look great.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          Yes, I remember when I should of read the sticky fully before i tried to install a LT1 A4 trans crossmember in mine , now I have a extra A4 LT1 crossmember sitting around. LOL Mine was a M5 and I converted to a A4 but still doesn't work. But Igora's write up on installing poly trans mount work s great and levels out the driveshaft. The poly mount rides great so far for 4 years.

Then why did it work here? Mybe you have a 98+ bracket?

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                          This also works using the 93-97 V8 AUTO cross member in a 93-97 V6 AUTO car. I completed the same swap with zero modifications on my A4.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

ya I was able to use an LT1 crossmember on my car without issue...no modification other then I think the hole that you have to drill....

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Ok so how about this, 99 V8 Auto crossmember on a 99 V6 Auto?

Comment

Originally posted by carnold View Post
                                Ok so how about this, 99 V8 Auto crossmember on a 99 V6 Auto?
                                Sounds like you'll be fine I guess I was shipped the wrong year crossmember.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X