1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...523#post741523

It WORKED perfectly!! 1LE mount installed WITHOUT a spacer!

The problem is that the V6 5-speed has a 1/2" drop in the mount cross-member. I replaced the V6 cross-member with a LT1 auto cross-member which is straight - no 1/2" drop.

V6 Manual Cross-member (rear)
    V8 Auto Cross-member (front)

1LE Installed

NOTE: The 93-97 and 98+ cross-members are NOT interchangable. The body holes are different.
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 11-25-2007, 10:21 AM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: 1LE Mount Installed - NO SPACER REQUIRED

I call BS, JK . Would this also work for us guys running poly mounts if we switched over to a LT crossmember? Good work and yes please posts pics when you can. Steve
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sweet.

Does it also has the hole in the right spot, or did you still need to slot the crossmember?
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT

The problem is that the V6 5-speed has a 1/2" drop in the mount cross-member. I replaced the V6 cross-member with a LT1 auto cross-member which is straight - no 1/2" drop.

I'll post pictures later.

ok i got a v6 auto, so would i still need a v8 auto cross-member? lol and lt is 93-97 right?

Comment

i have a v6 5 spd and i used the 1le mount no problem. didnt use a different crossmember or spacer

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
            i have a v6 5 spd and i used the 1le mount no problem. didnt use a different crossmember or spacer
            The tail end of your tranny is 1/2" too low then.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
              I call BS, JK . Would this also work for us guys running poly mounts if we switched over to a LT crossmember? Good work and yes please posts pics when you can. Steve

Yes, will work with ES mount as it is 1/2" too low also.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss
                Sweet.

Does it also has the hole in the right spot, or did you still need to slot the crossmember?
                We did NOTHING, just bolted right in.

Raven

Comment

The tail end of your tranny is 1/2" too low then.
                  does that matter? i havent noticed any difference

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

......help...so am i off to the junk yard for that 95 formula cross member?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                      does that matter? i havent noticed any difference
                      You can put a angle finder on your driveshaft to see if the angle is off. Should be be at zero.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                        You can put a angle finder on your driveshaft to see if the angle is off. Should be be at zero.
                        Pinion angle - it doesn't have much to do with the ground.
                        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

interesting to see that the lt1 and v6 trans crossmembers are different. Never knew it went lower like that for our cars and not the v8s.
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

NOTE: The 93-97 and 98+ cross-members are NOT interchangable. The body holes are different. For the 98+ cars, I think that the LS1 auto cross-member SHOULD work.
                            now i have a 97 auto, and can't get undermind right now, is my cross-member got that pocket or straight? cause if i need a straight, there is a 94 formula lt1 auto i can get it from

Comment

Originally posted by XgunsmokeX
                              now i have a 97 auto, and can't get undermind right now, is my cross-member got that pocket or straight? cause if i need a straight, there is a 94 formula lt1 auto i can get it from
                              Since the trans mount is the same, I can only assume that they are the same.

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X