How many 2000+ f-bodys have tourqe converters in - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 2000+ f-bodys have tourqe converters in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theoretically yes, but i believe too much is too much. i can be wrong though.
    but i do know that you need some drag radials with a 3500 stall.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Nino, i still haven't gotten it put in yet. How much was labor on yours? My wallet has taken a beating the past few weeks, i've only got about $150 to spend on labor for it. Plus i need my 3.42s/auburn to be put in. I don't think my rear will die, i'm a pretty big stickler about changing out the differential fluid (once its on the car) and all that. I can't wait though, it needs to be done this weekend. If only i could get some local guys to help me do it myself but it will be a JOB! And yes i'm takin it to the track, school is 5 weeks away from being over so then the real fun can begin.

Scott

Comment

scott, dont even think about putting a torque converter by yourself. i know i got poked cause i had it done at a specialty shop, but i think you should have a professional do it.
        i am so wanting a ride in your car when it goes in!!
        maybe your rear will be fine, but, when it came to 8s, i have seen rears go on less. of coarse there is no comparison there to us.
        6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X